PTZ Locked status - tour disabled

akur

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a problem with DH-SD22404T-GN. After half a year of constant tour (2 presets, 15 seconds wait), camera locked PTZ options after reaching 95% of rotation times (idk what the numbers are, it's not written anywhere). I saw a few topics about it, but none of them had a solution. I tried going back to default settings and upgrading soft, but it still shows the same error. Is there any solution for this or the camera is dead? I can't find any info about this limit, so how does warranty apply to this?
Thanks in advance for any info.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
upgrade firmware.

some old dahua ptz firmware lockup/disable ptz camera once a lifetime counter is reached.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
did u upgrade to the latest? I think the limitation below is what you faced and was removed subsequently. I cannot remember which version it was removed.

ptz.jpg

akur

n3wb
Reaction score
The newest I found is V2.800.1051001.0.R.200706, but it is still limited. Is there any newer firmware?

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't know.. to avoid bricking it.. maybe ask your vendor for the latest firmware specific for your model?

akur

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know.. to avoid bricking it.. maybe ask your vendor for the latest firmware specific for your model?
That's the one in my last comment, and it's not working. I will contact them later, but I was wondering if anybody fixed this problem, cause upgrade seems not to be working.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
This lite PTZ can't make too long touring, all PTZ has Threshold, if it meets the threshold, the PTZ function will not work anymore.
This is same on all PTZs. Bigger ptz has larger Threshold than the small camera.
I changed a part(A new Threshold) for a client last year, he used it at a factory, so always touring, the cam is a ultra smart one, and stop touring after 2 years.

cristain

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a problem with DH-SD22404T-GN. After half a year of constant tour (2 presets, 15 seconds wait), camera locked PTZ options after reaching 95% of rotation times (idk what the numbers are, it's not written anywhere). I saw a few topics about it, but none of them had a solution. I tried going back to default settings and upgrading soft, but it still shows the same error. Is there any solution for this or the camera is dead? I can't find any info about this limit, so how does warranty apply to this?
Thanks in advance for any info.
this is the solution

i had the same problem
the bin that work for your dahua is attach

Attachments

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have an DH-SD22404T-GN also. Mainly got it for the tour mode. Useless now.
Tried all the firmware mentioned and still Tour is locked out. Tried a reset also. Nada. I wonder if other brands all do this. I have an SD50430U-HNI set on Tour mode for a couple years now. Really hope it doesn't lock out.

ghirotre

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, i have 3 SD22204K-GC ptz camera with all preset&tour disable.
Is it possibile to disable Threshold?
The camera have dipswitch on it, maybe some dipswitch disable treshold?
The cristian's firmware it is compatibile with my camera?
How can i update firmware to an hdcvi camera? (My camera are hdcvi)

Thanks a lot, now i have 3 unuseless ptz...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Movement every fifteen seconds results in PTZ operation of roughly 6,000 operations per day ((24x60x60)/15). How long do you really expect it to last under those conditions? You're not buying commercial/industrial grade equipment at these prices.

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You don't understand what i am talking about. I am using Dahua cameras in continous Patrol movent since about 10 years. They work 24/day 7 days per week. I know what i am talking about.

The only camera that broke was a 6 series dome cam and 8 series dome. Mechanism died about 2 weeks after initial installation. In 8 series it was about 72 hours.

I am using 4 series cams, 5 series and 6 seris and 8 series. Guess what. Not even one died even after 4 years (the oldest one). Mainly they were killed by lighting nor mechanism wear.

I use dahua cams for my own purpose. I hack their firmware to add more functionality like SSH, VPN's with encryption. stream dump and internal analysis of image.

I know every eletric part of it and software one. So trust me i know what am i talking about. It's all about going cheap.

Example - SD59225 model in latest version has different mechanism parts that original camera had. Some internal parts were metal, now they are plastic.

49225 series - original one was based on HiSilicon CPU, new one (S2 in name) uses cheap Chineese RISC CPU with less power than original. It's from FH8830 AFAIR. Don't remember name.

Dahua 3841 series used SigmaStar SSC339G CPU, same model with S2-added uses again cheap China CHIPUP XS7320 CPU.

In 5XX series they used a good glass in front, new ones have propably cheaper plastic glass which faster goes yellow in time.

I disassembled every camera to it's roots. I've seen differences. It all goes in wrong direction. To be cheaper.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You miss the point. 6,000 operations per day, 42,000 operations per week, 168,000 operations per month, 2,190,000 operations per year from a camera that costs less than $1000 seems a little unreasonable in the expectation department to me. The basic camera, minus the PTZ mechanism is a $200 item. Throw in the PTZ mechanism then the additional processor and memory capacity. Don't forget the added costs for the housing. And all this from a consumer level camera. Think about what you're asking for here.

Speed666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No Sebastian. You miss the point.

First. I am telling you about cameras that i use. There is no way that since latest changes - the PTZ mechanism in 4 and 5 series would die after 3-4 months of continous usage.

If Dahua added such functionality, it means that the quality of mechanism is low and cheap. My 59225 series is moving for about 3 years all the time - no single glitch. Really.

It would be better to not add such function like lock PTZ because of a counter. If PTZ dies, warrantyy would be disabled because of overusage. But do not lock users possiblity.

Second problem is that mainly users are not PROs. Let me tell you an example. PTZ SD49225-HNR is a Hisilicono based, It has possiblity to output 2x1080p streams at 25 fps (Main and Third Stream).

This product is now EOL, replace by S2 and S3 model. In my country they sell now S3. Only one letter differs right? Wrong. Shit DSP used inside makes camera (S3) to output only 1080p on Main and 720p in Third Stream. No dual 1080p 30fps output. And you have a project where you have 20 pcs of original 49225 and you cannot replace it by same camera because it has lower specs even it has almost same model number.

I dont have time to measure performance between those two (i mean NN perf) but i will get hands on this S3 and provide a complete teardown of both to show all how Dahua is starting to make bad hardware instead of a good hardware.

Ryushin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No Sebastian. You miss the point.

First. I am telling you about cameras that i use. There is no way that since latest changes - the PTZ mechanism in 4 and 5 series would die after 3-4 months of continous usage.

If Dahua added such functionality, it means that the quality of mechanism is low and cheap. My 59225 series is moving for about 3 years all the time - no single glitch. Really.

It would be better to not add such function like lock PTZ because of a counter. If PTZ dies, warrantyy would be disabled because of overusage. But do not lock users possiblity.
Do you have any instructions how how you reset the PTZ counter. I have no problems opening my camera up and soldering something if necessary.