Ptz Mount unversal?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I pretty much figure I know the answer which is no, ptz wall mounts are not universal at the connection spout to any camera you want to attach to it. I'm looking to put a megapixel (preferably dahua) ptz in place of my analog ptz and ideally I want to keep the ptz mount to make the install a breeze. Besides understanding that different cameras have different top mounts, I guess what I'm getting at is the diameter of the tops of ptz's that look to be similar to the ptz I have in place now. I'm wondering if the top of a given ptz that looks right, the top being 'male' will fit into the 'female' spout of the mount. Are diameters universal at all, or is the top of every ptz proprietary to its own mount? My avatar pic is the ptz I want to swap out. It's tough because obviously you can't buy a camera and just see how it goes, at least not without a ton of trouble. Any thoughts?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah that one looks great. No one in the states carries that at that price? Can't do corner mount for esthetic reasons. A side yard camera picks up the rest. I was considering not doing another ptz but it's very useful when you need it to be. My front door camera sets off a tour that gets very nice shots. My dahua nvr has poe+ built in. You think that's enough? Thanks for the heads up.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
nope; but @EMPIRETECANDY will give you better customer service and warranty than anyone stateside Ive dealt with;

your NVR should be fine

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
How's the tracking on the pro model? Tracking on my current ptz is limited and would just end up chasing its tail. I could deal with some false triggers but not just endless tail chasing. I guess I'll have to read up on trip wire in these things.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I checked out the AT demo. Cool, but I doubt that'll be necessary this time around. I find triggered preset tours more useful. I'm definitely considering the lite version though. Awesome price!