Ptz move to preset when triggered by another camera ?

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm sure this was possible in blue iris, how would I go about it?

2 cameras.

when motion detected on fixed door camera, the ptz which is usually static, spins round and zooms in on door area ? I have presets set for the ptz which zooms into the door.

thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure this was possible in blue iris, how would I go about it?

2 cameras.

when motion detected on fixed door camera, the ptz which is usually static, spins round and zooms in on door area ? I have presets set for the ptz which zooms into the door.

thanks
In the motion tab, from the help file.
"Set the Move to preset option if you would like to send a PTZ preset position command to the camera when it's triggered. This might be useful for example if you have your cameras triggering in groups and you want them all to move to known positions when one of them is triggered."

You may have to create a cloned camera for this that is only triggered by the camera or group that you want to control this ptz camera, otherwise it will move to the preset even if motion is triggered by movement the ptz camera detects.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you.

little complex, but creating a clone to manage the ptz trigger works great. I want the ptz to move to various positions based on which static camera detects motion. Seems like multiple clones will do the job.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If your camera has a sub stream consider using that as your trigger clone. A CIF sub stream is significantly less CPU and bandwidth intensive than a full res clone.

avi6581

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If your camera has a sub stream consider using that as your trigger clone. A CIF sub stream is significantly less CPU and bandwidth intensive than a full res clone.

My Understanding was was that a clone would use the same stream, and hence no more cpu. using a sub stream would be more intensive ? Happy to be corrected .

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Handy info, thanks all.

Is there a way to have the PTZ return to it's "home" position after a set time?

"Resume cycle/shedule after inacticity" under the PTZ tab doesn't seem to work for a static position.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just set this up using the JSON tool. see Cam1 Trigger's Cam2 PTZ preset?

And to get the ptz cam to resume, i setup an event schedule under the Camera properties/Schedule/Event Schedule. If you check the "Search Back at Startup/Reset", the PTZ will go to the last event position after the event.
hi! was wondering if you could elaborate on your event schedule setup to get the PTZ to go back to the last position prior to the event??....also, can't seem to download the JSON tool anymore...any link?

Thanks!

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
hi! was wondering if you could elaborate on your event schedule setup to get the PTZ to go back to the last position prior to the event??
Thanks!
I let my PTZ do it on it's own. The PTZ has an option to return to preset 1 after a certain period of time.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a link to the JSON utility?! Can't find it anywhere. Don't really know what I'm doing. But will screw around with it. Seems like other people have gotten it working.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a link to the JSON utility?! Can't find it anywhere. Don't really know what I'm doing. But will screw around with it. Seems like other people have gotten it working.
The old download link appears dead but here is a copy I had lying around.

Attachments

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Every time I try to go to get BICommand from Cam-it.org, Norton blocks it with "Web Attack: Malicious Redirection 21". Would someone with a good copy mind sending it to me? or posting it?

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Every time I try to go to get BICommand from Cam-it.org, Norton blocks it with "Web Attack: Malicious Redirection 21". Would someone with a good copy mind sending it to me? or posting it?
Theres a copy attached to my previous post. :)

kc8tmv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Theres a copy attached to my previous post. :)
Forgive my ignorance, but your previous post had a zip file labeled BICommand, but the contents were jsonBI.exe. I was expecting the actual BICommand.exe. Are they the same thing? I had tried your jsonBI.exe and could not get it to do what I want everyone here is talking about (one camera triggers and makes another camera move to a preset and trigger). So from what I was reading in these posts were to try BICommand.exe.
So, 1. I did see your previous post and appreciate you sharing the file. 2. I am no clear on jsonBI.exe vs BICommand.exe. 3. Is CAM-it.org REALLY a trusted site (considering the Norton messages I was getting?)

pinko

Known around here
Reaction score
Here's how I got JsonBI to work on my setup:
1.Copy the (3) Files into the Blue Iris bin folder (....BlueIris\bin\ )(fig1).
fig1.png
2. Ensure you have presets positions set up on the camera you want call, when triggered by the other camera (fig2).
fig2.png
3. On the calling camera, check the box on the ALERTS tab under ACTIONS "Run a program or execute a script" then press configure.(fig3)
fig3.png
4.On the window titled "Configure run alert">when triggered >file: point this to your JsonBI.exe install path.
5. Setting the Parameters is probably the most difficult part. If you follow this example it should work.
Example Parameter format:
login http://[calling camera IP]:[port typically 8998]/json [username] [password] ; ptz [camera name] [preset position number eg 102 = preset position 2]; trigger PTZ

working example of parameters:
login http://999.999.999.999:8998/json Pinko PINKOPASSWORD ; ptz PTZ 102; trigger PTZ

Attachments

Last edited:

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Handy info, thanks all.

Is there a way to have the PTZ return to it's "home" position after a set time?

"Resume cycle/shedule after inacticity" under the PTZ tab doesn't seem to work for a static position.
I used my PTZ cameras settings to do this. Works great I have it set to go back after 10 minutes