PTZ not working with BI V4/V3

Reaction score
I am currently testing out Blue Iris on my surveillance system. I try connecting my Tenvis IPRobot 3 and I was able to get live video, but I can't control PTZ from Blue Iris. I can confirm that PTZ is working on this camera as I used IP Cam Viewer on my phone. I am currently using the video path and PTZ control with the Tenvis IPRobot 3 drop down option. I tried both V3 and V4, to make sure that it isn't an issue with the new update.

Reaction score
I only have one account on my camera, which is an admin account. This is the only PTZ page on my camera, not sure how to get ptz rights. I have enabled uPnP and used that port under "use another ip/port" on Blue Iris

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You dont need upnp and unless you are actually using that function you should disable it..what port are you using for the ptz?

Reaction score
For my camera, i used the default port 80. So I am guessing that is the port for ptz too?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what port the camera uses.. from the ptz dropdown try selecting Foscam FI86XX

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
uncheck use another port for ptz...see if that changes anything...

Reaction score
uncheck use another port for ptz...see if that changes anything...
Did that and that didn't make any difference. From my previous screenshot, the protocol is Pelco-D. And on BLue Iris there's an option for Pelco-D, but that requires serial port instead of network IP. BTW, tried this camera on iSpy and it works fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Apprently there are two versions of the camera and the newer one uses a different protocol..if you cannot get it working email support..you will have to give him access to the camera so he can scan it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@FactOrFiction Also the service port on the camera seems to be 8001..you may want to try that port...
can you take a screen shot of the ip address at the top of your browser when you are logged into the camera?

Reaction score
Apprently there are two versions of the camera and the newer one uses a different protocol..if you cannot get it working email support..you will have to give him access to the camera so he can scan it.
Mine is the older 2013 version not the 2014. I tried changing the video to Foscam FI86XX, and I don't get a picture. I contacted Ken, but he is currently busy and won't be able to help me till next Thursday. I prefer getting it done this weekend, if possible.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok, so we know the http port is 8001...put the video back to tenvis, change the http port to 8001...then in the ptz tab...try both tenvis using port 8001 and if that doesnt work try the foscams with 8001.