PTZ on Sale for another hour - thoughts

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Saw this on Andy's sight - on sale for another hour and although its an Amcrest - I've always wanted a PTZ.
Seems like a heck of a deal for under $200.
Thoughts ?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Saw this on Andy's sight - on sale for another hour and although its an Amcrest - I've always wanted a PTZ.
Seems like a heck of a deal for under $200.
Thoughts ?
Hi StratRider

The Amcrest outdoor PTZ:
Amcrest Outdoor PTZ POE Camera, Pan/Tilt/ 12x Optical Zoom 1080P POE+ (802.3at) Home Security PTZ IP Camera, Starvis Low Light Sensor, 328ft Night Vision, IP66 Waterproof, 2-Megapixel, IP2M-853EW

for <$200 - looks like a good deal to me.

Do check out the PTZ reviews here on SDs and look for a similar 2MP Dahua OEM starlight 12x PTZ and that should give you an idea of what the Amcrest PTZ may perform like.

not certain if it supports IVS features, still for $200 it is a nice price imho

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
at that price it's not much more than a 5231 and I could always move it to the back yard later.
Still trying to find the down side of grabbing one of these.

jfoley22

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this thread back to life but curious if you ended up pulling the trigger on this? I am currently looking at it for my application. If so, what are you thoughts?

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, I did buy this and it is still sitting right here in the box. I tend to research too much and have been collecting other components and need to pull the trigger on a new computer.
Fortunately I have some other cams working so there was no rush to install. The cold weather didn't help either.
Wish I could say more and I will after I install it - hopefully within the next few weeks.