PTZ preset issues

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On my Amcrest camera in my daughters room, I am having some issues with the PTZ preset function in BI. I have noticed once I get it set up with my 6 or so pre-sets in BI all is great. BUT if I use blue iris to move the camera to far over too the left or right - like to the very extreme of where it can look - then when it messes my presets up. What I mean by that is I'll hit preset 1 and it goes to what it thinks is preset one, but actually the camera is pointed in the wrong way. Then all of my presets are off just as much. I noticed this once when I had to power cycle the camera as well. Has anyone has issues with PTZ preset in BI?

Last edited:

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have an Amcrest IP3M-941B in my garage. I have home assistant calling it's presets based on what door opens. After a while the presets will be off and I have to manually move it far left and right so it "zeros" itself. Either that or I do a camera reboot and it fixes it. It doesn't happen often or far enough where it really bothers me.

It's not a BI issue but rather the camera itself. I think they poorly implemented how the camera tracks it's position. Or used cheap stepper motors that slip or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngryToast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yea, now that I think about it - you are probably right. This is the only PTZ camera I have, so I can't compare it to anything else. Agreed the motors are probably just not the best.