PTZ Presets

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Pretty sure I know the answer but I'm still hoping...

The PTZ controls work to move the cameras using onvif, but the Presets don't do anything when I've set them (push and hold when in position).

This is a feature than would be handy for me, particularly for one camera.

I suspect it's because my cameras aren't sending the position data back to blue iris so there is nothing saved in the Presets.

The Presets work OK in the cameras native app however.

Is there any way to be sure it's a limitation of my camera's in third party apps?

Cameras are cheap Sricam Sp019 but they seem to be ok other than a few missing features in blue iris (Presets positions and the speaker function on the cameras).

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same thing here with an Amcrest PT(not really Z) :)

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are saying. Are you saying you can no longer load a preset after setting it with Blue Iris? Did this work in the past? The last Blue Iris patch did begin requiring administrator privilege to set presets.

Blue Iris never knows anything about the camera's position so there is no position data for the camera to send back to Blue Iris. Blue Iris just forwards your "preset set" or "preset load" command to the camera.

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In blue iris I can move the camera with the arrows no problems. . And I've pushed and held each preset at different location so they aren't greyed out.

But blue iris doesn't move the cameras to their saved location when I click the preset buttons.

In the sricam app, the Presets move the camera to the right pan/tilt.

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This has never worked in blue iris, although I've only had it for less than a week and haven't tried too hard for Presets until now when I realised they would be very handy.

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've tried changing the preset "name/value" after reading online this might make the presets work. I tried "31", I've tried "01" and obviously "1" but the camera won't go back to preset 1 position (where I clicked and held preset 1 and where its saved when I used the sricam app)

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok. So I get it now.

Blue Iris should tell the camera to remember that position when the button is held. This is stored in the camera.

If I go to my sricam app and push preset 1 it should move to where it was set in blue iris as that's stored in the camera, not in the app.

And same vice versa.

I'll check both those scenarios and report back if either blue iris is changing the stored position, or whether it loads it when it's set by the sricam app (the latter one I don't think works).

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No. I can't get blue iris to do anything.

Pushing and holding preset 1 doesn't set the preset there. Changing preset 1 to be name/code "31" does store or load the position either. Nor does "01".

Hmm now I'm stumped what to do next.

The Presets have not changed when I use the cameras native app so nothing has been written to the presets.

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The ptv arrows work fine to move them in glue iris though. Even more responsive than the app that came with the cameras..

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And yes I'm using admin shortcut for blue iris. I've also tried right clicking and running as administrator just to be sure

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried using sricam for the ptv profile but even the pan/tilt arrows don't work for that. I tried using various ports 80, 81 and 5000 and none of them meant the cameras responded.

Returned to onvif profile for ptv, using default port, and the arrows worked again but still no response from the Presets.

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm thinking I might have run out if options to try. I do hope that I can get the Presets working seeing the other PTZ controls work... But I can't seem to find anything that helps through reasonable searching.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Same darn issue with my new sricam sp012, did they ever figure this out?
99 percent chance its a problem on your end or a defect in the sricam which is bottom barrel junk.. You dont post how you setup the presets in the cam. Email support.

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've got rid of my sricam now. Too many problems and the bigger one was cameras were moving on their own. Changed the subnet so no outside access was aloud and the cameras stopped moving by themselves ... Raises trust issues to me

Jakubx80

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you figure out how to make presets work? I've the same issue on Reolink RLC-423

Chim Vang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 2 cameras, the first one has all presets work perfectly with Blue Iris in every step.
The newer one has only one preset working when first set up after camera reset.
But when the power is off and on again, I cannot set up any preset location!
Is the camera in question?