PTZ Recommendation - Dahua or Hikvision

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I currently have a Hikvision NVR with about 9 cameras, but want to add a PTZ close to the street to potentially catch some mailbox thieves. The PTZ would be mounted about 20' from the street and mailbox.

I am looking for a PTZ that will automatically track moving objects and also less than $500. From some research it appears that folks would recommend the Dahua SD49225T-HN. Does this seem about right?

Is there a Hikvision PTZ equivalent?

Also, since I have a Hikvision NVR would the Dahua work seamlessly, or would I be missing functionality? I am hoping things such as motion only recording would work between a Dahua cam and Hik NVR.

cutterman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nelly's is a forum sponsor and great to deal with. I got a rebranded Hik 3MP PTZ from them for 700+. The 2MP is a bit cheaper. Excellent day and night image quality. It has smart tracking which works OK- not perfect. I don't think you will find what you're looking for at <500 price point.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I currently have a Hikvision NVR with about 9 cameras, but want to add a PTZ close to the street to potentially catch some mailbox thieves. The PTZ would be mounted about 20' from the street and mailbox.

I am looking for a PTZ that will automatically track moving objects and also less than $500. From some research it appears that folks would recommend the Dahua SD49225T-HN. Does this seem about right?

Is there a Hikvision PTZ equivalent?

Also, since I have a Hikvision NVR would the Dahua work seamlessly, or would I be missing functionality? I am hoping things such as motion only recording would work between a Dahua cam and Hik NVR.
Autotracking typically sucks until you get up into the expensive model of PTZ's, $1000 or above.
It usely always best to keep the NVR and cams the from the same manufacture for full feature compatibility.

A good fixed cam or two with a varifocal lens properly setup will give you better results.
A PTZ can't be looking everywhere at once.
Something like this: DS-2CD2622FWD-IZS-Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. I have abandoned the PTZ camera for now as the location I was thinking of using is blocked on one side by a bush anyways. I’ve decided to try 2 of the low light varifocal Dahuas. I will see how well they will work with my Hikvision NVR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk