PTZ SD50225U-HNI len going inside shroud instead of slotted area

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I just received an text from a friend whom purchased a PTZ SD50225U-HNI. He hooked it up and when he use the PTZ function the camera len would not move up and down in the slotted area of the shroud where instead it seem to move opposite way burying itself inside the shroud. Almost if it was put together in factory on backward. I remotely logged and was able to confirm it myself.

Is there an invert toggle so len move up and down in slotted area of the shroud?

Thank you
Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
We had to take shroud off and turn it 180 degree to fix it. Someone at factory installed it backward.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen :lol:
let me see if I can get picture out of my text phone and on here .. as I mentioned in my eariler post, it was my friend that ordered PTZ and I am helping him remotely. He lives like 4 hours away from me so he sent me picture via text.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen :lol:
Here you go .... :)

Before picture ... When we first hook up the camera to network and view it via web interface, we noticed that the image was blocked partially by the shroud and every time we tried to move it to the top, it kept going inside the shroud housing instead of the slotted area.

before1.jpg

With the len all the way to the top, it is now hidden inside the shroud, you can see the memory card slot and circuit board in the shroud slot where the len should been at instead.

before2.jpg

The len moved all the way of the bottom and is now showing out of the shroud
before3.jpg

After taking shroud off and turning it around 180 degree then screwing it back down. The bolts holes not lining up was the tattletale sign that the shroud wasn't installed in the correct direction. It have 4 screw holes but only 3 screws was used and 4th didn't have the thread lined up with the hole until it was turned 180 degree. Either someone at factory was being lazy to correct their mistake putting it together since they could had noticed they couldn't put the 4th screw in or it was a returned unit and someone took it apart then put it back together wrong.

Shroud turned 180 and reinstalled back on. The len is now in the slot of the shroud as it should been and at the top.

after1.jpg

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Ahhhhh. So the shroud may well be attached at final assembly AFTER the un-shrouded unit has been tested and found working.
kind of makes sense, as the shroud would need to be removed again for adjustment if QC testing failed... d'oh.

glad you got it sorted!