PTZ trigger with spotter cam, any advice on how to?

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm trying to setup this, but I don't know where to start.
I have two cameras on the right side of the ptz(one at each side of the garage door and the ptz cam is at the corner of the garage.
I'm thinking to setup the far end cam, with the ptz.
Any advice would be appreciated.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will have to give you more detail later if you need it, so here are the cliff notes version.

Set up several presets on the PTZ - for simplistic sake, let's say you made 3 presets.

Set up several clones of the fixed camera - one for each preset.

Set up a motion zone in each clone - the zone area should generally be in the preset area of the PTZ.

Go into the On Alerts feature under the camera settings and for each clone, call up upon motion pull up PTZ camera and the corresponding preset.

That is one way to do it.

I tried just doing one clone and having each zone correspond to a preset but it wouldn't work properly. Setting up a clone for each one worked for me.

It can actually work really, really well. I have 7 presets and it does a fairly good job of following someone based on this method.

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im setting this up now on a SD49225XA-HNR controlled by NVR5216 version 4 software
Spotter camera HDW5231R-ZE
To keep things simple just 2 presets in the SD49225XA-HNR for bench testing.

Preset 1 is SD49225XA-HNR is home postion with IVS rules set and working great in preset 1
Preset 2 is set up in SD49225XA-HNR with IVS rules and once again working great when moved to preset 2. (zone 2)

HDW5231R-ZE is fixed in zone 2 with IVS rules set.
Preset 1 is the SD49225XA-HNR regular parked home postion monitoring preset 1and tracking IVS alerts in this area as they occur.
Once the HDW5231R-ZE has a IVS alert in zone 2 the SD49225XA-HNR turns 120 degress to preset 2 (zone 2) and then tracks the event in preset 2.

My problem is I can never get the SD49225XA-HNR to return to preset 1 once the event has ended in preset 2.

I set the SD49225XA-HNR to return to preset 1 after inactivity for 1 minuite but it never returns to preset 1
:facepalm:
Capture.JPG

If I force the SD49225XA-HNR back to preset 1 it happly monitors and tracks events in preset 1 again.

So close but no cigar :banghead:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is actually fairly simple. To clone a camera, simply go to the add camera and then hit the copy camera and copy the camera you want to clone.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I can help you setup the PTZ activation using the NVR if you want assistance there just DM me and can take you through it. I also mention this and walk through this in my other posts across different threads invoking simple PTZ preset using in cam Motion Detection, more complex with multiple spotter cams using NVR and even even further advanced using nested presets if you want to check those out as well.

HTH

Bosty

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im setting this up now on a SD49225XA-HNR controlled by NVR5216 version 4 software
Spotter camera HDW5231R-ZE
To keep things simple just 2 presets in the SD49225XA-HNR for bench testing.

Preset 1 is SD49225XA-HNR is home postion with IVS rules set and working great in preset 1
Preset 2 is set up in SD49225XA-HNR with IVS rules and once again working great when moved to preset 2. (zone 2)

HDW5231R-ZE is fixed in zone 2 with IVS rules set.
Preset 1 is the SD49225XA-HNR regular parked home postion monitoring preset 1and tracking IVS alerts in this area as they occur.
Once the HDW5231R-ZE has a IVS alert in zone 2 the SD49225XA-HNR turns 120 degress to preset 2 (zone 2) and then tracks the event in preset 2.

My problem is I can never get the SD49225XA-HNR to return to preset 1 once the event has ended in preset 2.

I set the SD49225XA-HNR to return to preset 1 after inactivity for 1 minuite but it never returns to preset 1
:facepalm:
View attachment 65997

If I force the SD49225XA-HNR back to preset 1 it happly monitors and tracks events in preset 1 again.

So close but no cigar :banghead:
Try Time Task, that’s what I use to go back to the base preset.

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try Time Task, that’s what I use to go back to the base preset.
Yeah i saw others using this work around but maybe there is a 49225 & 5216 firmware combination that will enable the idle return to work as it should.

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Bosty its looking like im going to have the time task work around. @Wildcat_1 is going to test other firmware to see if the idel function works but the amount of users that have given up and are using time task tells its own story.
Anychance of a screen shot of your time task settings and any pit falls or cons to be aware of using the work around .

Thanks Andy

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keep getting the message below when i try to enable time task but cant figure out why?
Just 2 presets no tours set up.
error.JPG

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Generally that means you have overlapping time periods which if you have tried to just set 2 Presets and no other settings is probably valid error. Click on Period Setting and add a different time window for each preset and you should be good. Better way to do it though is setup a tour (minimum of day and night is usually good) where you can have multiple presets under each tour and benefit from setting 1 time window for the collective presets.

Keep getting the message below when i try to enable time task but cant figure out why?
Just 2 presets no tours set up.
View attachment 67145

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks @Wildcat_1
It was actually easier than you suggested. School boy error as I forgot to enter time periods

neK

n3wb
Reaction score
HI I'm trying to achieve the same thing, except I have a Dahua NVR4208-8P-4KS2.
I cannot find this "idle motion" setting to restore it back to "Preset 1" after 30 seconds.
(I have a tripwire setup which moves the camera to Preset 2 - I want to to back to Preset 1 after 30 seconds).