PTZ1A225U-IRA-N 2MP 25x Starlight

dalepa

Reaction score
Might actually be able to look at the stars with this 2MP 25x Starlight IR Network Positioning System

PTZ1A225U-IRA-N

> 1/2.8” 2Megapixel STARVIS™ CMOS
> Powerful 25x optical zoom
> Starlight technology
> H.265 Encoding
> Max. 50/60fps@1080P
> Auto-tracking and IVS
> Support PoE+
> IR distance up to 150m
> IP67, IK10
> Pan/Tilt Range Pan: 0° ~ 360° endless; Tilt: -90° ~ 90°, effective angle: -51° ~ 90°, auto flip 180°

Last edited:

JetG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is way cool, wonder how much these are ?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
thats not bad, how much from andy?

would love to see some sample videos

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
$100.00 shipping to the U.S. on that site.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking at this the other day. It's worth noting it's relatively slow compared to some of the other PTZs: Pan: 120° /s; Tilt: 75° /s

Reaction score
It's so new, the Dahua spec sheet lists 2 mounts for it. One is a wall mount, the other a PFA730. Searching in Google shows no one has any info on these, even Dahua. Searched Dahua International site and found nothing at all.

Exactly what is the difference between a positioning system and a PTZ? Anyone, anyone?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's so new, the Dahua spec sheet lists 2 mounts for it. One is a wall mount, the other a PFA730. Searching in Google shows no one has any info on these, even Dahua. Searched Dahua International site and found nothing at all.

Exactly what is the difference between a positioning system and a PTZ? Anyone, anyone?
Maybe I misunderstood you, but this info? http://www1.dahuasecurity.com/products/ptz1a225u-ira-n-17991.html
As linked in the op's post.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Note the mention of the DORI system in the description on Dahua's site. The 4 zones of visual quality defined in ppf or ppm. Detection, observation, recognition, and identification.

Here's a snoozer of a presenter explaining things on YouTube. He presents the zones in decreasing order of quality though.

It's a good way of judging the effective "zoom" levels of cameras with different sensors. 4mm on one cam isn't the same as 4mm on a cam with a different sensor.

Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood you, but this info? PTZ1A225U-IRA-N - Dahua Technology
As linked in the op's post.
That's where I'm going to download the pdf spec sheet. The pdf at the bottom lists 2 mounts for this. One being a wall mount the other the usual base mount to hide cables in. Neither of these part numbers show up in a google search except for the OP's link.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
will someone get this and test? would love to see some sample video...

cue003

n3wb
Reaction score
I will be keeping watch on this as you guys hopefully are able to receive it and provide feedback.

Reaction score
I admit, I am really interested in this camera. It's unfortunately not sold by anyone yet. Why not? Price too high?
@flynreelow - It's dimensions are almost the same as an SD49225T-HN, and that's not big at all. It is about 2 lbs.(net) heavier, but that's minor.

I would buy this in a heartbeat if the price is not outrageous. My SD49225 is dying and may need replacement

@EMPIRETECANDY - Do you have any knowledge on this camera? Really interested.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I admit, I am really interested in this camera. It's unfortunately not sold by anyone yet. Why not? Price too high?
@flynreelow - It's dimensions are almost the same as an SD49225T-HN, and that's not big at all. It is about 2 lbs.(net) heavier, but that's minor.

I would buy this in a heartbeat if the price is not outrageous. My SD49225 is dying and may need replacement

@EMPIRETECANDY - Do you have any knowledge on this camera? Really interested.
Today just checked this model and we can sell it, but we not keep any stocks, dahua has too many models and it's too hard for us to keep all models, big $$$$.lol@weigle2 if you are interested, i can book for you.

Last edited:

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm very interested in this too. Is anyone ordering this?

gemgem

n3wb
Reaction score
Any idea if this model has to be upright as in video and spec sheet, or can it be installed 'upside down'?