PTZ425DB configuration help

wezal15

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

First time install of an Empiretech PTZ425DB on a family members home. Hoping someone with more experience with this unit can help me with adjustments.

1. Auto tracking - I’ve setup per the videos shared on forum, great instructions. My IVS rule works, PTZ tracks both vehicles and humans. What I’m noticing is the zoom in function during tracking. Seems to be hit or miss. Is there something I can adjust to where it zooms in regularly when tracking? More so to capture better details of human and vehicle it is tracking.

Video example of where it tracks but doesn’t zoom in, instead zooming out

2. I’ve set up the PTZ for general record and IVS. I have noticed that when playing back that the general recording seems to jump to the IVS recording and miss some of the recording. Not a smooth transition. Both recording are of main stream and on an Empiretech NVR8CH-8P-2AI. Is there a better way to capture both continuous and events without potential loss of video?

Appreciate any support!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wezal15

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Start at 25, then move up or down 1 step at a time until you get the zoom you like.
I’m not seeing a setting like this in the auto tracking page. That’s what I’m trying to adjust. I can increase sensitivity and maybe that will start to zoom in more when tracking?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is towards the top right of the IVS page - almost hidden and should be lower LOL.

The sensitivity has nothing to do with zooming in - it is Tracking Target Size Ratio that determines how much it zooms in when tracking. If the number is too small, the object stays small. If the number is too large, it may miss part of the object and/or lose tracking easier. You have to find that balance.

1726774415968.png

Last edited:

wezal15

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is towards the top right of the IVS page - almost hidden and should be lower LOL.

The sensitivity has nothing to do with zooming in - it is Tracking Target Size Ratio that determines how much it zooms in when tracking. If the number is too small, the object stays small. If the number is too large, it may miss part of the object and/or lose tracking easier. You have to find that balance.

View attachment 203431
Thanks [mention]wittaj [/mention]

You weren’t joking about it being almost hidden. Have not noticed this. I’ll tinker with it and hopefully that will correct my issue.