Push messages for intrusion detection not working, but motion detection works

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i am doing some tests with my hikvision turret model ( ds-2332 )
android phone samsung s5, ivms-4500 version 4.0.1 ( build 20150409 )
Camera version: 5.2.3 , 141024
build: 5.0 , 140714

Sending e-mails by intrusion Works OK. But i just Cant receive Push alarm to my phone. The Notify Surveillance Center is Enabled, both at my phone side and camera configuration.

The strange part is, that The Push works fine for Motion detection, Somehow doesnt work for Intrusion Detection.
I have no idea what it could be.. Any tips / help would be appreciated

kalba

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Do you have "Enable Dynamic Analysis for Motion" selected under Advanced Configuration->Basic Event->Motion Detection ?

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The problem still isnt solved. I had tried the Dynamic analysis for motion option, and still no result. Few days ago i have upgraded the ivms application, still same! Any help welcome!

AlexF

n3wb
Reaction score
[FONT=Lucida Grande, Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]As I have had the same problem I fixed it via using [/FONT]"tinycam monitior" as developer has included the support of Hikvision camera's w/o IO triggers (alarm output, A->1) at v6.5.4 beta for Motion Detection (line crossing, intrusion detection) last week.
It works well with my multi language (Chinese) DS-2CD2T35. The alarms comes immediately.

I am not fully sure but I believe it should support all model with the Firmware (2XX5) (2XX2) : DS-2CD2012-I, DS-2CD2032-I, DS-2CD2112-I, DS-2CD2132-I, DS-2CD2212-I3/I5, DS-2CD2232-I3/I5, DS-2CD2312-I, DS-2CD2332-I, DS-2CD2412F-I(W), DS-2CD2432F-I(W), DS-2CD2512F-I(S)(W), DS-2CD2532F-I(S), DS-2CD2612F-I(S) , DS-2CD2632F-I(S) ,DS-2CD2712F-I(S) , DS-2CD2732F-I(S) , DS-2CD2022-I, DS-2CD2112F-I(W)(S), DS-2CD2122F-I(W)(S), DS-2CD2132F-I(W)(S), DS-2CD2422F-I(W), DS-2CD2522F-I(W), DS-2CD2622F-I(S), DS-2CD2722F-I(S), DS-2CD2T12-I3(I5), DS-2CD2T22-I3(I5), DS-2CD2T32-I3(I5)

It does not matter what Hik camera you have - try to choose DS-2CD2T35 and find out, if it does not work you have to ask for developer, his support is very fast

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
great thanks for posting.
i will try it. hope it works.
by the way, is it neccesary to open port 554 rstp to get push working ?

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Version 6.6 of tinyCam Monitor will use different Hikvision API for on-camera motion detection. It should work for cameras without IO triggers as well. You can try it by joining tinyCam Monitor PRO beta testing (you should have bought PRO version already)

1. Navigate to https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.alexvas.dvr.pro and press BECOME A TESTER button.
2. DOWNLOAD new beta tinyCam Monitor PRO from the Play Store.

AlexF

n3wb
Reaction score
I have to notice it is not "Push technology" actually. This android sofware has established permanent connection (~20 kbps) via http (80, adjustable into camera) port and is getting the alarmstream (as mentioned above using Hikvision ISAPI v2.0 - oversea-download.hikvision.com/uploadfile/Leaflet/ISAPI/HIKVISION%20ISAPI_2.0-IPMD%20Service.pdf). Also RTSP (554, adjustable into camera as well) is required for videostream. So if you are in your local network it needs some simple actions to set up android application. If you try to connect to your IPC from internet you will need to configure your router to forward ports 80 and 554.

Last edited by a moderator:

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
search all the forum comments on push notifications. I think you'll find its ropey at best.

I have the best issues in that motion detection push notifications work, but line crossing and intrusion detection does not. I have a mixture of 3mp and 4mp dome turrets on various software releases.

I think you"ll find most people say line and intruder dont work.

I was not totally understanding tinycam work around above, although I do use tinycam for monitoring and ivms for playback on my phone.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
does email option work for you for line and intrusion?

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
emails working ok for me.too. thats no problem. the issue is about receiving push on mobile. strangely motion detection push works ok...

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
i use windows phone 8.1, and use 4500, i switched on push notifications the other day to see what would happen and the app kept continually notifying me of events, i didnt try to find out if they were errors or actual events so i shut notifications off , not tried to turn it on again, windows phone 4500 is not a supported product any more so they were probably just errors

on a side note the app actually works fine in both 8.1 and 10 but it is not updated to iphone android standard, great O/s on windows phone just no one develops for it

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah email works fine for line and intrusion. ive just never got the push notifications for line and intrusion working.

its a shame hik stuff is good the ideas are great but there always seems to be some complex functionality not quite working.

then again we are probably pushing the full suite of functionality outside most users with push notifications for line/intrusion.. monitoring from the phone playback etc.

all seems rather technical and hence like a boat not everything is workingat the same time.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With Hikvisions alleged large R&D dept it always surprises me the software is so bad, China has an extremely studious culture, they manufacture high quality products ( where applicable ) but for whatever reason they just cannot get there act together on software design and functionality

The whole software suite needs a redesign for today, presently its a 1995 looking product with inconsistency's across the suite ? i guess there are plenty of people who can turn out products but few with the skills and imagination to produce a modern fully functional suite of applications

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
and here is a thing, i just switched notifications back on, on my phone, someone crossed a line, i got sent a notification in the 4500 software which gave me a choice, live view, playback or ...cant remember the last option as i deleted it BUT on this occasion... it worked ok

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how about the ports ? which ports are forwarded? could you mail me a screenshot of the basic settings-nat screen and the Port tab in network .
besides.am i right that the nvr only sends alert emails. without pictures attached ?( for line and intrusiin )

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes general concensus is that the nvrs dont attach photos for line and intrusion i think it does for motion but the resolution is so small its unusable.

Then you get into enabling the cameras to still send the emails for line and intrusion which is a whole other can of worms that you need to do a lot of reading about on that topic.

You've gotta put some static routes in the router to the nvr network and 1 or 2 other things.

I-m only half way through it but so gonna post a summary when done.

Landscaping job over took this one.