Push notification images work except for office wifi

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I get images in the push notifications when I'm connected to my home wi-fi, cellular data but not my work wi-fi. Any ideas why? Thanks

Evisser4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Me too. Are you able to connect to blue iris web server from the work WiFi? I'd bet they are blocking it.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Me too. Are you able to connect to blue iris web server from the work WiFi? I'd bet they are blocking it.
Yes, I can RDC to my BI server just fine. My iOS BI app works as expected too. The only issue is the push notifications don't have an image associated with them.

Evisser4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you sure you verified you are able to access the WEBSERVER login page? When I open chrome browser on my connected device, on work network, then enter the address to my BI webserver. I get a warning stating this site can't be reached and it times out. This was the issue for me. http://ip-address:81 Try it through a browser, not rdc.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Are you sure you verified you are able to access the WEBSERVER login page? When I open chrome browser on my connected device, on work network, then enter the address to my BI webserver. I get a warning stating this site can't be reached and it times out. This was the issue for me. http://ip-address:81 Try it through a browser, not rdc.
I can connect to my BI webserver via Dynamic DNS, HTTPS, Port 8344 from work just fine.

Evisser4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying. There must be something else in your case. Good luck.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying. There must be something else in your case. Good luck.
No worries, thanks. It's just an annoyance. Previews work fine at home on my LAN as well as via cellular data.

Reaction score
Did you ever find a fix for this? When I'm home on my WiFi I don't get any preview images. But if I'm on any other wifi network or off of cellular then I get preview images.

Evisser4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you able to connect to your blue iris web server on your work network via the actual IP, NOT the DDNS. I noticed my work wifi is able to connect via my ddns, but my actual ip is blocked. Also when I look at the network traffic for the push notifications from blue iris the URL for the image is the actual ip address, not the ddns. This is why it was blocked and I could not figure it out. Id say try your actual ip address to see if THAT is blocked instead of your ddns.

Good luck!

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Are you able to connect to your blue iris web server on your work network via the actual IP, NOT the DDNS. I noticed my work wifi is able to connect via my ddns, but my actual ip is blocked. Also when I look at the network traffic for the push notifications from blue iris the URL for the image is the actual ip address, not the ddns. This is why it was blocked and I could not figure it out. Id say try your actual ip address to see if THAT is blocked instead of your ddns.

Good luck!
Sure enough. The IP is being blocked by the firewall at work. Should be able to get that taken care of. Thanks