push notification setup for hikvision camera & PC storage server

mantra99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

My setup:

Asus RT-AC86U/AC2900 Router
1 Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I camera with a static IP address (DHCP is disabled in the SADP tool)
Also, DDNS is not enabled & the preferred DNS server is 8.8.8.8 under this Camera's Internet explorer configuration page
PCNVR storage server running IVMS-4200 recording to local HD with a static IP address (DHCP is immutable and disabled)
Android Note 4 smartphone running IVMS-4500 app

I have installed OpenVPN on the asus router and installed the openvpn profile on my mobile. My issue is unrelated to VPN because I am attempting to get it to work on wifi before anything else.

I am able to get push notifications for my camera but when I receive one, I am unable to remote playback the clip that corresponds to the camera's notification. I think this is the case because I am recording the camera's footage to the PCNVR storage server. My ultimate goal is to see the camera's footage related to the notification on my mobile phone when I receive the notification.

I am however, unable to get push notifications for my pcnvr on my home wifi or mobile network. In the IVMS-4500 app, I can enable the alarm notification for my camera but when I try to enable it for the PCNVR, I get the following message, "Not supported by the Device." Is there a way to enable support for it? In the event management page in IVMS-4200, I noticed I was unable to tick every Trigger Alarm Output checkbox for the different event types (Intrusion Detection, Motion Detection.) I did however tick trigger recording for the camera, audible warning, email linkage, alaram triggered pop-up image, alarm on e-map. Does anyone have a guide for setting up push notifications for the PCNVR (IVMS-4200) on a setup that is similar to mine or can anyone tell me how to get it working?

In closing, I would like to be able to see my camera's footage after clicking on the alarm notification on my mobile phone.

Is there a way to enable support for PCNVR IVMS 4200 notifications on the IVMS-4500 app?
Does anyone have a guide for setting this up?

Last edited:

mantra99

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to enable support for PCNVR Storage Server IVMS 4200 notifications on the IVMS-4500 app? I want to be able to click on the IVMS 4500 notification on my phone for my PCNVR which would lead me to viewing video for that particular event.