push notification using http get ONLY. possible?

bbrendon

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.

I want a push notification from a camera only when I do an HTTP GET to Blue Iris. Is that possible? I tried yesterday but I was getting notifications on motion as well no matter what I tried. What I thought would work would be to setup a zone for it. So I created a alert for push when H zone triggers and then I did

But I was getting push notifications when there was motion on the camera.

Possible? Any ideas?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I’m not clear on your goal, but i think the syntax is incorrect for triggering as a Motion source.
Try trigger=1

Furthermore, I think trigger=1 goes through Sentry, and will not trigger if no human is detected. Not an issue, I think, if you’re not a user. Edit: just tested 5.3.9.16 and currently triggers actions regardless of Sentry.

From the help pdf
1616637947028.jpeg

Last edited:

bbrendon

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to control the push notifications from another program. I don't believe I'm using the Sentry features.

I'm getting the alerts. I just can't find a way to not get alerts on motion once the push notification is setup.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Using the “On alert“ dialog I would disable the ‘Push’ action and use a ‘Run’ or ‘Web request’ Action, as illustrated in these screenshots...

1616722533575.jpeg 1616722566245.jpeg

bbrendon

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think I was clear enough. I do want the push notification capability but I don't want BI to decide when to do the notification. I want a web request against BI to cause the push from BI to my mobile device.