Push Notifications have stopped working

qbertopp

n3wb
Reaction score
Since yesterday all of a sudden push notifications to my iPhone have stopped working. I am using BI server 3.62.03 and IOS BI 1.17. I an using an iphone 4s with IOS 7.12. Nothing has been changed on the BI server and everything was working fine for months with out any issue. Can you check on your side to see if you are able to get push notifications to your IOS devices. All BI push settings have been checked and I have already rebooted the BI server and Win Server.

And before someone says, update to the latest version, my question is why should I if everything was working fine. Could it be an issue with the push notification service? I already emailed support, and they have not heard of the issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome too the forum. Did you check your traffic signal? Make sure its green...
also check your schedule and ensure that you didn't accidentally hold a schedule that doesn't have notifications set. Does the test notification work?
Finally, sometimes you do need to update to solve an issue...its just how it is..it cannot be explained.

qbertopp

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, it is green. All settings have been checked. And push notifications are enabled on all cameras and also in the settings for my iphone on the server and on the phone as well

qbertopp

n3wb
Reaction score
Just updated both the server and the ios app. Issue still exists. Can anyone that has push notifications enabled test on their side to see if they are receiving the push alerts.

The TEST push also does not come in.

qbertopp

n3wb
Reaction score
It is checked. I have remove and re added it. Still push does not work.

qbertopp

n3wb
Reaction score
Getting reports of another user on the other IP cam fourm reporting the same thing in my thread. So it looks like I might not be the only person.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the push notifications will be going from your BI server to Apple's push service, then to your phone. It is possible that your phone has somehow become unregistered and you just need to re-register it with Apple's push service. If that is even a thing you can do... unfortunately I only know the deeper details of how Android push works, not iOS.

brent112

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having the same issue, had been troubleshooting it for the past hour thinking it was my server or internet connection. At least it is not just me having the issue.

qbertopp

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having the same issue, had been troubleshooting it for the past hour thinking it was my server or internet connection. At least it is not just me having the issue.
Please report it to Ken or send an email to support. So they can be notified since more and more folks are having the same issue. Hopefully we will soon have a new update or new BI build.

brent112

n3wb
Reaction score
Please report it to Ken or send an email to support. So they can be notified since more and more folks are having the same issue. Hopefully we will soon have a new update or new BI build.
Already did :) . Hopefully they can fix it soon.

brent112

n3wb
Reaction score
I received an email from Ken saying he is working on it. He said it seemed to be an issue with his Apple Account and he has a ticket opened with Apple on it.

qbertopp

n3wb
Reaction score
Good to hear that they are working on it. I wonder if a new build would need to be made or if Apple fixes it and the push notifications start working.

papsp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi ! Same for me, push notifications aren't working. I've been using Blue Iris for a year now, and until two days ago everything was fine, I've only noticed this morning push had stopped working. Tried everything you've mentioned above, and then reviewed my firewall settings. Of course I've also tried sending the test tone and push message in the Configure Push Alert Window, but to no avail. I haven't changed any Iphone settings for quite some time. Something is wrong with Blue Iris or Apple.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its apple as Ken emailed brent112 ...push works just fine with android...and the fact the this stopped working for a bunch of ios users without any software updates or mobile app updates points to something at apple blocking push notifications...

brent112

n3wb
Reaction score
Got an email from Ken. A new version of blueiris is available that fixed the issue for me. Check for updates and install. Version number is 3.36.06.