Push notifications just stopped

Crackerdog

n3wb
Reaction score
hello have been using iVMS-4500 for over a year with push notifications on the motion sensors pinging away happily on 3 cameras within a second every time. Christmas Day notifications just stopped and didn't think anything of it as things were quiet, today went outside to test and nothing on any cameras.
Rebooted Dvr checked alarms were firing on the dvr everything looks good. Reset notifications on phone still nothing, deleted iVMS-4500 on phone reinstalled nothing also tried on wife's phone nothing.
Before I had to log in on home ip address to activate alarm status in app but now it seems to set over public ip on 4g which is strange but equally useless if it does not send any notifications :(
Could it be the notification Centre at hikvision being down ?
Thanks
Paul

simon247

n3wb
Reaction score
Glad to see I'm not the only person experiencing this. I too noticed this issue surface on Christmas day. It started working briefly again on the 27th, but has now stopped working completely. Tried reinstalling the app (iOS), and re-adding the devices to iVMS-4500, using both local and external IP addresses. I now cannot set the alarm notification via the app at all. It keeps returning a "Failed to register the push server" error, which seems to suggest an issue with their push notification server?

I just upgraded my camera's firmware to the newly released 5.4.4, which according to their release notes would fix push notifications: "In GMT zone, users would be able to receive iVMS-4500 alarm notifications normally". However, this has not worked. I'm still getting the "Failed to register the push server" error when trying to enable the alarm.

Seeing as none of these worked, I decided to download the Hik-Connect app to see if notifications would get pushed through this app. The Hik-Connect app is similar to their EZViz app, which uses P2P cloud streaming to live view your cameras meaning you don't need to forward any ports on your router to view your cameras externally. The only issue with the Hik-Connect app and the EZViz app is that push notifications only work for motion detection. It currently does not support line crossing detection or intrusion detection, so this was useless to me. However, as I only wanted to test the app's push alert capabilities, I enabled the "Notify Surveillance Center" in the motion detection settings and set some motion to occur. Lo and behold I received a push notification albeit at a considerable delay comparing to iVMS-4500. Seeing as push notifications work on this app yet don't work on iVMS-4500, does this tell us that Hikvision uses two separate push servers - one for direct connections (iVMS-4500), and one for P2P connections?

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and is there a solution to this problem? I would really like to get these push notifications working in iVMS-4500 as the interface is much more refined and seems to work a lot nicer than Hik-Connect and EZViz. Also, both the Hik-Connect and EZViz apps seem to override your video settings when you change your video stream quality, meaning any future recordings are recorded at a lower resolution and bitrate than the one you specified in the web interface.

Crackerdog

n3wb
Reaction score
thought i was going crazy when it started again ran all day yesterday until 5am this morning and then stopped again :(
a little reassuring if not quite annoying that it almost certainly looks like the hikvision notification center fault now.
Fingers crossed it will come back soon, tried to call Hikvision uk today but looks like holidays are taking place.

Crackerdog

n3wb
Reaction score
little update, I literally just received a push notification at 2pm this afternoon from a motion detection that happened at 10am this morning thats a 4 hour delay.

simon247

n3wb
Reaction score
Odd, this seems to suggest an issue with their servers then. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

simon247

n3wb
Reaction score
Another update here. Was wondering why none of our American friends were reporting these issues, so I decided to change the region in the iVMS 4500 app (Configuration->Region). Changed it to America, USA. The app throws up an alert warning me that if I set it to a different region from my camera, the live view, playback and alarm notification may not work. I ignored this, then enabled my alarms (no "Failed to register the push server" error this time), triggered an intrusion and a push notification came through instantly! I then changed the region back to another European country, but got the "Failed to register the push server" error when I tried to enable the alarm notifications. This tells me Hikvision uses different push notification servers for different regions, and the European server must currently be experiencing problems.

Another thing I found interesting is that since I changed my region to the USA, I now get a history of previously triggered alarms on the Alarm screen. This is something I've never seen when my region was set to the UK. It is incredibly useful too as it allows you to playback to that exact moment of time so you don't need to scrub through a timeline of activity.

Crackerdog

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow thanks Simon, I switched up the region to USA and as you say instant notifications, was getting as little worried there as I have grown to rely on them.

lets see what develops

thanks again
Paul

mccltd

n3wb
Reaction score
When you changed the region on the 4500 app did you also change anything in the dvr. Just when I changed my region on the app it wouldn't see any of my dvr's anymore.

simon247

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't use a NVR as I'm connecting the app directly to my cameras. Maybe this solution only works on direct camera connections/certain NVRs, hence the warning alert when changing your region in the app.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I set the camera send pic to pic to my phone via sms. and today I called T-Mobile USA. they told me the tmomail server updated...no long support pic sms. FUCK!!!

Ishaq Mir

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Glad to see I'm not the only person experiencing this. I too noticed this issue surface on Christmas day. It started working briefly again on the 27th, but has now stopped working completely. Tried reinstalling the app (iOS), and re-adding the devices to iVMS-4500, using both local and external IP addresses. I now cannot set the alarm notification via the app at all. It keeps returning a "Failed to register the push server" error, which seems to suggest an issue with their push notification server?

I just upgraded my camera's firmware to the newly released 5.4.4, which according to their release notes would fix push notifications: "In GMT zone, users would be able to receive iVMS-4500 alarm notifications normally". However, this has not worked. I'm still getting the "Failed to register the push server" error when trying to enable the alarm.

Seeing as none of these worked, I decided to download the Hik-Connect app to see if notifications would get pushed through this app. The Hik-Connect app is similar to their EZViz app, which uses P2P cloud streaming to live view your cameras meaning you don't need to forward any ports on your router to view your cameras externally. The only issue with the Hik-Connect app and the EZViz app is that push notifications only work for motion detection. It currently does not support line crossing detection or intrusion detection, so this was useless to me. However, as I only wanted to test the app's push alert capabilities, I enabled the "Notify Surveillance Center" in the motion detection settings and set some motion to occur. Lo and behold I received a push notification albeit at a considerable delay comparing to iVMS-4500. Seeing as push notifications work on this app yet don't work on iVMS-4500, does this tell us that Hikvision uses two separate push servers - one for direct connections (iVMS-4500), and one for P2P connections?

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and is there a solution to this problem? I would really like to get these push notifications working in iVMS-4500 as the interface is much more refined and seems to work a lot nicer than Hik-Connect and EZViz. Also, both the Hik-Connect and EZViz apps seem to override your video settings when you change your video stream quality, meaning any future recordings are recorded at a lower resolution and bitrate than the one you specified in the web interface.
Hi Simon247

You seem to know a lot about the hikvision iVMS-4500 on the iPhone and I'm new to CCTV and have purchased some 2342 turrets. Impressed so far. My main usage would be 24/7 recording and then monitoring through iVMS-4500 on my iPhone.

I was using the hik connect app at first through their seamless p2p cloud service and worked well but as you mentioned, it pushes motion detection but not intrusion detection. Motion detection is rubbish at night with the IR even at lowest sensitivity. Bombards my iPhone with push.

So I got rid of the hik connect and instead configuring direct connection to iVMS-4500 (not through p2p cloud as per your advice above). Now I haven't played around with intrusion detection much but it did not send me a push. I had disabled motion detection in the camera web interface but enabled dynamic video analysis. Some on the internet have said motion detection still needs to be enabled with motion boxes all deleted for the intrusion detection. Is this correct?

I have so far only installed one camera and am playing around with it before installing others. What method do you use to record the video and is it 24/7? I have a Synology NAS I am hoping to use?

Also, I did some port forwarding on my virgin hub 3.0 and could access the live video feed without trouble through the iPhone 4G using external ip, however, that hidden option in iVMS-4500 where you can selection 'Remote Configuration' to enable or disable intrusion or line crossing, well if I'd click into that it would say connection failed or timed out.

As much help and advice for a newbie here would be SO much appreciated. I'm directing this at you because what I'm trying to achieve and use out of the hikvision cams is very similar to you.

By the way, I have d-link poe switch connected to the cam, the switch then connected to virgin media hub.

Thanks

simon247

n3wb
Reaction score
I assume you've drawn an intrusion detection box in the web interface? Have you also ticked the checkbox to trigger an alert in the surveillance centre?

To enable the push notifications in iVMS 4500, choose the Alarm option in the navigation menu, select the "Set Alarm Notification" at the bottom of the screen, then choose what cameras you'd like push notifications for.

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have so far only installed one camera and am playing around with it before installing others. What method do you use to record the video and is it 24/7? I have a Synology NAS I am hoping to use?
Ishaq Mir,

The standard version of Synology's Surveillance Station only includes for 2 x Cameras. Any additional Cameras require purchase of a License Pack. Here in Australia a 1 x Camera License Pack retails for around A$115 and a 4 x Camera Pack is about A$450. You may also find some inconsistencies in how the Synology handles events compared to how the Camera sees them. The mobile app DS CAM is not bad but I have not set it for notifications in my case.

You can use the Synology NAS as a storage server too. I have attached a Hikvision guide which may be useful. However, there is a warning that it is strictly 1 x Camera per Volume otherwise you will get conflicts and recording errors.

You might find some other useful information here: synology | IP Cam Talk

Attachments

Ishaq Mir

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Simon247 and Bamix

Many thanks for the replies and apologies for getting back here so late, been playing around SO much with the Hikvision cams that my Mrs is well annoyed!!! Seriously!

I managed to get the ivms4500 working perfectly on the iPhone. Push for intrusion detection started working as soon as i also enabled the motion detection checkbox (but not drawing any boxes for motion).

Bamix, thanks for your tips. I did indeed set up separate volumes on my synology nas as NFS and used the direct record function from the Hikvision cams. Works flawlessly.

Regardless, after weeks of playing around with intrusion detection on the Hikvision cams and many dirty looks from the wife I've given up and now switched over to Blue Iris. Its looking promising so far as the motion detection is very powerful as its using a powerful intel i5/i7 processor on the laptop.

I may still go down the physical PIR route and connect to the blue iris.

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are more than welcome and I hope that I helped in some way. Good luck now you are on the path....... My wife just doesn't get it either, I guess it's like a more expensive version of the jigsaw puzzles she enjoys ;-)

proxybox

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Another update here. Was wondering why none of our American friends were reporting these issues, so I decided to change the region in the iVMS 4500 app (Configuration->Region). Changed it to America, USA. The app throws up an alert warning me that if I set it to a different region from my camera, the live view, playback and alarm notification may not work. I ignored this, then enabled my alarms (no "Failed to register the push server" error this time), triggered an intrusion and a push notification came through instantly! I then changed the region back to another European country, but got the "Failed to register the push server" error when I tried to enable the alarm notifications. This tells me Hikvision uses different push notification servers for different regions, and the European server must currently be experiencing problems.

Another thing I found interesting is that since I changed my region to the USA, I now get a history of previously triggered alarms on the Alarm screen. This is something I've never seen when my region was set to the UK. It is incredibly useful too as it allows you to playback to that exact moment of time so you don't need to scrub through a timeline of activity.
Really odd. I'm in the USA and my notifications stopped working too. I tried your suggestion and switched to Ivms 4500 region to the UK and everything works. I'm not using the hikconnect feature or hikdns just my own IP. I'm thinking these notifications get pushed to a Hik server in the region and they bounce them for some reason. I am getting "Failed to Register the Push Server" when trying to add an alarm for my NVR in the USA too.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
see my thread post mine stopped after i updated to ivms4500 7.4 BUT for same coincidence just send me notifications this minute after 7 days and me posting lambasting hikvision on this forum.

Go figure.

proxybox

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
see my thread post mine stopped after i updated to ivms4500 7.4 BUT for same coincidence just send me notifications this minute after 7 days and me posting lambasting hikvision on this forum.

Go figure.
Did you try switching the region? Mine works fine after switching. The next thing I'm going to try is setting up a new user/pw and see if that makes a difference on USA.

I'm using version 4.7.3 on Android