Push notifications not working!

Reaction score
So I made the mistake of moving my BI install while also updating it!
I have been using Blue Iris for about a year flawlessly, but I'm no longer getting Push notifications to my phone. I have made sure that the correct boxes are checked in the server under the camera, the mobile device setting and on my iPhone...
what I noticed when I went to my system viewer is that every time I try to manually trigger a push notification I get a "schannel error 46" which is supposedly a certificate error.
Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I made the mistake of moving my BI install while also updating it!
I have been using Blue Iris for about a year flawlessly, but I'm no longer getting Push notifications to my phone. I have made sure that the correct boxes are checked in the server under the camera, the mobile device setting and on my iPhone...
what I noticed when I went to my system viewer is that every time I try to manually trigger a push notification I get a "schannel error 46" which is supposedly a certificate error.
Any help/advice would be much appreciated!
Try deleting the device then readding it..

BBQ

n3wb
Reaction score
iPhone by chance? Just upgraded to iOS 10.1 maybe?

Same problem here, my server is running version 4.4.5.3.

I also see that iOS 10.1.1 is out, going to try upgrading and see what happens. I can also try an iPad on iOS 10.0.1 tonight

Reaction score
iPhone by chance? Just upgraded to iOS 10.1 maybe?

Same problem here, my server is running version 4.4.5.3.

I also see that iOS 10.1.1 is out, going to try upgrading and see what happens. I can also try an iPad on iOS 10.0.1 tonight
Bingo! ok, not just me then. I kept holding off on upgrading till this weekend. I wonder if this is a known bug?

brimstn

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. This is the third or fourth time this has happened in the last several years and each time it's because BI's certificate with Apple expired and their push authorization was revoked. It takes them renewing the cert and pushing out a new version with the updated .exe in place to fix this.

Not saying that's the deal this time, but it's been the issue every other time in the past.

Reaction score
The Apple Certificate expires on October 30th every year supposedly. I thought it was something on my end until I googled and saw a post from last year.