Push Notifications

tclarkey

n3wb
Reaction score
I have BI Release 4.4.3.3 w32 and Android version 4.4.3.3 on Samsung S7. I have 2 cameras on a schedule from 11:30p - 5a to send me an alert if the cameras are triggered. At some point, this stopped working. The odd thing is when I perform a test the notification works.

I turned it off via the phone when I was traveling and I had a housesitter, but I have since enabled it again on my phone but it will won't work.

Any ideas?

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
did u check the settings in BI? Is it still set up to fire a notification to the phone when triggered?

tclarkey

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I have 3 schedules. I have notifications set to fire on 2 of 3. When I do the manual test, it says sent to 1 device (phone) and I receive it. Nothing else changed, except for BI versions. Even uninstalled the app on the phone and reinstalled, still not working.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any resolution to this issue?? I have a customer with an Samsung S6 that isn't receiving push notifications even though I have it checked on BI. When I test it with my phoe ( Note 2) it works fine!

tclarkey

n3wb
Reaction score
No. If I change it to send an SMS thru email it works just fine so that is currently how I have it. I suspect it was one of the monthly security patches pushed out by Samsung that broke it, but can't confirm.

dhulse

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having this same problem with notifications not working to Samsung Galaxie J5 (posted on Android forum yesterday). Can anyone explain why the "test" button notification would work for each camera, every time, but never sends actual alert notifications? Seems like this would be a BI bug, rather than Android issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You should email support. Alerts work fine on other android devices...seems to be related to samsung.

dhulse

n3wb
Reaction score
Update on my previous entry. I did send an email to support to report my problem with the push notifications. I have not received a reply as yet, but mysteriously the notifications have started to work! As far as I can determine, there have been no software upgrades to my PC or to the Android. The one change I have made was to go from wireless cameras to wired (power line adapters). I can't figure out any connection there, but when I changed the first camera to "wired" is when I first noticed notifications starting to appear. Now, both cameras seem to be notifying reliably. I do not understand, but am satisfied, at this point.

tclarkey

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have that option to be wired. I now have a new phone, S7 edge, and this is still an issue. It has to be a problem with the software and not the phone as far as I can tell. Could it be running on an old XP machine is the issue? I am outside of the range to email support, so am hoping someone else has found another solution.