Push Notifications

dhulse

n3wb
Reaction score
I am new to home security cameras, so I have spent quite a bit of time in these forums gleaning your collective knowledge. Thank you. I have now joined so that I may be able to get some help with my specific situation. The most burning question I have this moment is regarding push notifications. I am using a Samsung Galaxy J5 Android to monitor my Blue Iris remotely, bu I cannot get push notifications to work for me. I can press the "TEST" button at the server and it gives me an immediate notification on my phone. Just cannot get triggers to do the same. Not using any timers or profiles or much of anything else, at this point. Motion detection works pretty well, as far as capturing the video, so I think my system is functioning pretty well at this point. Any ideas?

dhulse

n3wb
Reaction score
Update on my previous entry. I sent an email to support to report my problem with the push notifications. I have not received a reply as yet, but mysteriously the notifications have started to work! As far as I can determine, there have been no software upgrades to my PC or to the Android. The one change I have made was to go from wireless cameras to wired (power line adapters). I can't figure out any connection there, but when I changed the first camera to "wired" is when I first noticed notifications starting to appear. Now, both cameras seem to be notifying reliably. I do not understand, but am satisfied, at this point.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This has come up in other threads as well. The testing will work but the actual notifications don't.

I don't recall seeing an answer as to why, but as long as it appears to be working for you now, that's all the matters. If it starts acting up again, post back.