Push to talk not working - Android - Amcrest Pro HD

lambodad

n3wb
Reaction score
I have sent support 3 emails over the last 3-4 weeks begging for someone to acknowledge and reply to me because I need to get the push to talk (aka 2 way ) working. As of today I still have not received a reply.

All of my IP cams (29) of them are new Amcrest and 8 of them are the Amcrest Pro HD PTZ that has a speaker and Mic. The amcrest app push to talk works fine, however as a known bug I read when BlueIris is running you can't use that function. I mention it because I know the cams work to send voice. I can hear fine through the BI android app, but the talk function does nothing. The Mic highlights but nothing is pushed to the speaker on the Cams. I have tried the auto detect settings but still nothing.

Here are my settings that for the most part work fine

I hope someone can help me figure this out.

Support data:
Version: Release 4.5.7.3 x64
Service: Yes
License: <snip>
Name: <snip>
Email: <snip>
Support: Basic
Expires: 5/29/2018 4:36:00 PM
WAN: http: <snip>
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz [91%]
RAM: 5.35G
Clips: 346 files, 80.4G/5.07T
Storage: D: +153.8G, F: +194.0G

image.png image (1).png image (2).png

Thanks!!

lambodad

n3wb
Reaction score
Here you go, I assume this is the Audio of the BI server. There are no drop down options for the Microphone Device and the drop down options for the Output are what is shown and the built-in audio card

BlueIrisAudio.jpg

hltljohn

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From Blue Iris help file. "This page allows you to configure the microphone that will be used for the camera Talk function where supported by the camera and Blue Iris." So, you need to have your computer microphone configured for Blue Iris to use it to send audio.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
From Blue Iris help file. "This page allows you to configure the microphone that will be used for the camera Talk function where supported by the camera and Blue Iris." So, you need to have your computer microphone configured for Blue Iris to use it to send audio.
that is only if you want to talk via pc...you can talk via the app as well..uncheck use rtsp backchannel

lambodad

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I unchecked the rtsp backchannel and still no sound is coming from the camera. Does anyone else use the Android app with one of these cams that this works on?

I also updates to the new build today 4.5.9.4 (64) and still a no go.

lambodad

n3wb
Reaction score
I wanted to post a follow up in case anyone else has this problem. I had to set the RTSP port in BlueIris to port 80 even though the camera clearly sets this port as 554. I did not change the Amcrest settings it is still at 554 and changing the Blue Iris RTSP port in the Video Config page fixed it. I ALSO had to uncheck the Setup RTSP

SETTING BLUE IRIS AMCREST.jpg

Andresq

n3wb
Reaction score
I wanted to post a follow up in case anyone else has this problem. I had to set the RTSP port in BlueIris to port 80 even though the camera clearly sets this port as 554. I did not change the Amcrest settings it is still at 554 and changing the Blue Iris RTSP port in the Video Config page fixed it. I ALSO had to uncheck the Setup RTSP

View attachment 21328
This worked perfect. Looked everywhere for the solution

JohnS

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you lambodad.

Your solution fixed the problem. It's been driving me crazy. I know it worked at one point (a long time ago) when I first got the cameras. And then all of a sudden, it just stopped working. The speakers on the cameras are working great now, via the B.I. app.