push with Hik-connect & iVMS-4500

lore

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,
yesterday I configured my 5 cameras (ds-2cd2042wd-i) to show live image on the android iVMS through the Hik-connect service.
I don't use an NVR, cameras directly send data to the hik-connect cloud.

I'm a little bit confused because I cannot get push notifications to work.
1) I added the cameras on the Hik-connect website -> ok
2) I can see the cameras on the iVMS app through the Hik-Connect tab and I can add them from there to the live view -> ok
3) I don't get notifications, it seems notifications/alarms can only be enabled on devices added through the "devices" tab. The problem is I did not add cameras through the devices tab because from there you need to add devices with a fixed IP or an NVR and I don't have them.

Avoiding solutions based on services to have a fixed IP, is there something I did wrong or is it really not possible to have push through the hik-connect free service?

Thanks a lot for any help,
Lore

Raghu

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't use ivms-4500 software instead of that use Hik-connect app,
1. for what you need push notification?
2. make sure if the cameras motion detection will be enabled or not? if not then go to below path to enable motion detection,
configuration-->event-->motion detection
3. after this open hik-connect app go to,
open app-->login-->more-->settings-->enable all the options there
4. check now

Attachments

lore

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks a lot,
it's really a crap that they have different applications for almost the same thing... it creates a lot of confusion.
I confirm with hik connect and motion it works. The problem is that I don't use motion because the cameras are outside (too many false alarms) so I only use crossline and smart detection.
And this two seem to not work with with hik-connect (worked fine with ivms and local cameras...).

How is this possible, two apps and both of them do half of the work instead of one decent one???

I cannot believe this...

Raghu

n3wb
Reaction score
if you don't mind give me firmware version of that ip camera and hik-connect app version

lore

n3wb
Reaction score
5.4.5, (and I would like to stick to it) + latest hik-connect from play store.

lore

n3wb
Reaction score
anyway, I decided to upgrade 1 of the 5 to 5.5.0.
after configuring everything to solve the onvif problems etc... I tried again the hikconnect.
configured timezone, enabled push alarm... NOTHING!
Alarm intrusion is correctly triggered on the laptop IVMS-4200 for example but no alert on the APP, it seems only motion works but nothing else...

wilderbee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having this same frustration. I want smart events to work. Now I have 3 apps, (4500, hik-connect, ezviz). Seems the ezviz app is sending through push notifications. Did you ever get your system sorted?

wilderbee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One more thing. The Hik-connect app does seem to get the alarms, but I have to open the app and refresh the alarms to see them. Where the ezviz is sending a push.

lore

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
what I have ended up with is:
It seems the camera firmware has a bug: push notifications are linked to the "movement detection" so if you disable MOVE by just keeping SMART notifications this does not work...
The same happens by using IVMS4500 or EZVIZ.

What I have used is a workaround: enabled MOVE but I've set sesibility to 0.
Thus MOVE get's never triggered but smart notifications go through...

I know, it'a crap but it's working!

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
don't use hik-connect. it will make your main stream to 720P even you set it at 1080 or higher. if you connect with NVR you will be fine.