Q-See Cam Help - Can it be set up with Dahua?

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the place to post about Q-See cams or not, but I thought I read somewhere a while back that Q-See cams are rebranded Dahua, so here it is...

I have a camera which I found in my garage from a few years back which I never even got a chance to open and use. It appears that Q-See is out of business now so hope that I can still somehow use this camera
It is a model QCW4K1MCW which appears to be a 4k indoor cube cam.

I have a bunch of 2mp hikvision and annke cube cams and wanted to set this 4k one up to see how it works, but not sure how I can do so.

Does anyone know if this cam is usable at all or since Q-See is no longer providing support, etc, there is no way to get it to work?

I was hoping to be able to set it up either with BlueIris or with Synology DSM Surveillance Station

Any help would be greatly apprecaited

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it will work with Dahua equipment and Blue Iris.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I guess the biggest issue with these types of "Smart Home" cams is that they have no embedded webGUI to log into so you may have to use the Q-See app to set up the cam initially.

Beyond that I'm pretty sure if in BI you put in the cam's IP, username and password, and click on "Find/Inspect" that BI will configure correctly to use the cam's RTSP stream.

If the cam's IP cannot be made static then some sort of DDNS will have to worked out so BI can find the cam should the cam's IP change, as it can when it's DHCP and not static.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Not sure if this is the place to post about Q-See cams or not, but I thought I read somewhere a while back that Q-See cams are rebranded Dahua, so here it is...

I have a camera which I found in my garage from a few years back which I never even got a chance to open and use. It appears that Q-See is out of business now so hope that I can still somehow use this camera
It is a model QCW4K1MCW which appears to be a 4k indoor cube cam.

I have a bunch of 2mp hikvision and annke cube cams and wanted to set this 4k one up to see how it works, but not sure how I can do so.

Does anyone know if this cam is usable at all or since Q-See is no longer providing support, etc, there is no way to get it to work?

I was hoping to be able to set it up either with BlueIris or with Synology DSM Surveillance Station

Any help would be greatly apprecaited
Hi @elitef

iirc those cube cameras are Dahua OEM and have a RJ45 port on the back .. connect to that and see if you can configure the IP address, user / passwords, and ports to work with any Blue Iris / NVR / Dahua OEM SmartPSS or other system.

I recall Q-see used different port numbers for many of their cameras ..

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, i finally had some time to take a look at it.

So looks like I cannot register for Q-See Plus. Whenever I try it says Network Error despite me having a solid internet connection.
I connected it to POE but apparently the Ethernet port does not work on POE so thats a bummer already... Hooked it up to power and ethernet but cannot seem to find which port it uses and the direct IP address is not working to access any interface.

Any ideas how to find this out? I used netmap and it found the following ports:
PORT STATE SERVICE
85/tcp open mit-ml-dev
554/tcp open rtsp
5000/tcp open upnp
49152/tcp open unknown

But when i try to access either one of them with the IP address it was assigned, it does not work and I either get a dead page or a 404 Not Found message on a white background.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So, i finally had some time to take a look at it.

So looks like I cannot register for Q-See Plus. Whenever I try it says Network Error despite me having a solid internet connection.
I connected it to POE but apparently the Ethernet port does not work on POE so thats a bummer already... Hooked it up to power and ethernet but cannot seem to find which port it uses and the direct IP address is not working to access any interface.

Any ideas how to find this out? I used netmap and it found the following ports:
PORT STATE SERVICE
85/tcp open mit-ml-dev
554/tcp open rtsp
5000/tcp open upnp
49152/tcp open unknown

But when i try to access either one of them with the IP address it was assigned, it does not work and I either get a dead page or a 404 Not Found message on a white background.
Hi @elitef

What is: "Q-See Plus "?

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @elitef

What is: "Q-See Plus "?
Some app that they advertise on the box of the cam, so I figured I would try that...

UPDATE:
I was able to get connected to it via Tiny Cam on my android and will most likely add it to my Synology DSM to see if it will work, but that will be later today to see if I have success.

The fact that this cam does NOT have POE is a major pain point, plus not having the mounting screw on the back of the unit and instead on the leg/stand is another thing which would make me not use this cam.

Another thing is that I cannot change the password from the default one since there is no online gui to manage the cam, so thats another security issue, but I will throw it on a vlan which does not see the light of day, but still...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some app that they advertise on the box of the cam, so I figured I would try that...

Hi @elitef

Q-see Plus app .. many apps need a internet connected server to be up and operational. As Q-see had issues remaining in business, I would not trust them to keep it up. ( I do see some webpage for Q-see is up, so I do wonder that has happened to Q-see )

At this time I would stick with 3rd party applications which a have good reviews like TinyCam that you are using .

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually used the Dahua Config Tool and got all the above settings figured out, but still no POE is deal breaker for me so probably wont be using it