Q-See Pan & Tilt and IR (manual switching) NOT working in BI - QCW2MP1PTW

Gun_neR

n3wb
Reaction score
I have converted a guy I know over to Blue iris. Unfortunately all the Q-See Pan and Tilt cameras he has cannot be fully controlled in BI (P&T or manual IR control)

He is using the Q-See QCW2MP1PTW and I have been Googling for any proper technical info on this model... so far with very little results.

Basic video and audio stream works fine under the Q-See make and QC-444/.../8xxx H.264.RTSP settings, and I have been going systematically through all the obvious, then many of the less obvious, PTZ options... all to no avail.

I even called Q-See Tech support but they are basically clueless... just said to use their App.

Anyone out there have any ideas... or know of some Custom HTTP commands I could try?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have converted a guy I know over to Blue iris. Unfortunately all the Q-See Pan and Tilt cameras he has cannot be fully controlled in BI (P&T or manual IR control)

He is using the Q-See QCW2MP1PTW and I have been Googling for any proper technical info on this model... so far with very little results.

Basic video and audio stream works fine under the Q-See make and QC-444/.../8xxx H.264.RTSP settings, and I have been going systematically through all the obvious, then many of the less obvious, PTZ options... all to no avail.

I even called Q-See Tech support but they are basically clueless... just said to use their App.

Anyone out there have any ideas... or know of some Custom HTTP commands I could try?

Thanks
The qsee is likely a dahua model based on the https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/5551
Try the dahua options in the dropdown start with dahua rtsp. also keep the ports at default. PTZ control issues often occur when folks change the http port form 80 for no reason at all.
you can also try find/inspect.

Last edited:

Gun_neR

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for not clarifying when I ment obvious options that I had tried. After much prior Googling and searching this forum, I had already discovered the Dahua link, but unfortunately none of the four listed worked... nether did the Amcrest/Dahua or any other generic looking ones... In fact I think the camera owner has even been working through the entire list alphabetically :p

Find/inspect discovered 8999 and gets the video working over port 554 , but there is no "find" option like that for the P&T

In each attempted case I had not checked the Use another ip/port option... at least not the first time... then tried a few options like the direct IP and the above mentioned ports... but by then the possible permutations get a little overwhelming.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for not clarifying when I ment obvious options that I had tried. After much prior Googling and searching this forum, I had already discovered the Dahua link, but unfortunately none of the four listed worked... nether did the Amcrest/Dahua or any other generic looking ones... In fact I think the camera owner has even been working through the entire list alphabetically :p

Find/inspect discovered 8999 and gets the video working over port 554 , but there is no "find" option like that for the P&T

In each attempted case I had not checked the Use another ip/port option... at least not the first time... then tried a few options like the direct IP and the above mentioned ports... but by then the possible permutations get a little overwhelming.
There is a VERY high probability that you are doing something incorrectly as the dahua camera that this is based on works.
i understand they you didnt check the box, but you need to ensure that the http port on the CAMERA was not changed by the user. You need to select dahua rtsp for VIDEO and select from the dahua options in the ptz tab.
for find inspect, you would need the onvif/oxml option. Also ensure the latest version of BI is being used.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
And in the PTZ/Control page for that cam, make sure you ENABLE ptz control for the cam and select either one of the Dahua/QSEE or ONVIF/OXML options for 'network ip' protocol...

in other words, what F'man said... (i posted before reading his reply)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also ensure that the username you are using to log into the camera via Blue Iris has PTZ control permissions... Best to use the admin account.

Gun_neR

n3wb
Reaction score
There is a VERY high probability that you are doing something incorrectly as the dahua camera that this is based on works.
While my P&T experience is more limited (I only have a single Foscam P&T, but I have tested a couple others over the 5+ years I have been using BI), this is not my first camera setup :p ... I have 17 different make/model cameras/streams running on my personal setup. BI Version 4.8.4.6 x64

This camera's video stream works just fine on a few different setup options, including Q-See, Generic & Dahua... but not a single P&T combination that I have tried so far works... including Find/inspect - ONVIF (OXML)... thus my frustration. This shouldn't be so difficult.

Now, I did have a prior issue/topic with a slightly older BI version, wherein I had changed my Foscams P&T settings when demonstrating, and it DIDN'T work again when I restored it???.. At least not until I totally deleted the camera and started from scratch. But I have even tried that with a few of the more "obvious" options... just in case... but aside from the total tediousness of that method, no results. Thus this topic ;)

I was really hoping to find someone else who had actual experience with same make/model... alas, tis not to be so easy.

PS, the actual P&T function DOES work when and only when using the Q-See App or their PC abortion of a DVR setup, so I know the user account/credentials, that I setup, and the actual mechanics work.

Last edited:

Gun_neR

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately even Ken @ BI, after giving him login access to a test camera, was able to confirm that this camera model uses some proprietary P&T format. I even contacted Q-See twice, with them refusing any information, claiming it was against company policy and continuously referring me to their App crap. So I think these Q-See P&T will just get used as stationary cams, since I belive they were purchased on sale for almost 50% off, so worth keeping even if only for that.