Q-See QCW3MP WiFi cameras

Vic Kay

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to this forum... but I have been reading some of the posts related to the IP camera I'm trying to decide and finalize on.
Just recently I came across the Q-See WiFi cameras QCW3MP1D (dome) and the QCW3MP1B (bullet). They have great specs and seems like just what I'm looking for.
Anyone who has any experience or anything to say about these new Q-See cameras?
Do they work with Blue Iris or Milestone?
Thank you for any and all comments.
Vic

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to this forum... but I have been reading some of the posts related to the IP camera I'm trying to decide and finalize on.
Just recently I came across the Q-See WiFi cameras QCW3MP1D (dome) and the QCW3MP1B (bullet). They have great specs and seems like just what I'm looking for.
Anyone who has any experience or anything to say about these new Q-See cameras?
Do they work with Blue Iris or Milestone?
Thank you for any and all comments.
Vic
qsee is rebranded dahua...will work..but there are much better option with better image quality in low light..
You will have issues with wifi...
you need to power the cams anyway they are not wireless..run ethernet and run poe...
See the dahua starlight turret thread..stay away from domes and bullets...

Vic Kay

n3wb
Reaction score
The QCW3MP1D can be used in the WiFi mode or connected with a cat 5 cable. So far, I'm able to get motion detection alerts on my phone (on 4G not just while on WiFi at home) as well. I'm able to get live preview quite fast once I open the app.
So far I'm quite happy. One of these days in the near future I will have it hard-wired.
The QC View s/w for PC comes with an option of using a built-in NVR, which can be set up to record or take snapshots if motion is detected.
Don't really wish to get into more complex setup. It's very simple basic setup. Once I get used to it I'll know what I want and what I can expect from my next upgrade. There's tons of information online but it'll all start making sense as I start using this IP camera.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Old thread, but they have this QCW3MP1D at costco in sale for $79.99 till 9/30 in sale.
Costco Wholesale
But i guess "dahua starlight turret" is better like Mr. Fenderman said.
Hi Patrocle,

Thanks, that's a good price for that product from a US vendor.

Dahua Starlight Turret is certainly better at night, however it is hard to find it sold by a US vendor with a good return policy for a reasonable price. It is also hard to convince some to purchase directly from China, so having something sold via Costco gives people more comfort.

I had picked up the Amcrest version without WiFi before my starlights, I found it works actually rather well and far superior in terms of value to what most people have been picking up ( like the Arlo or Arlo Pro, and other various 720p cameras sold to consumer here in the USA,.. ). It is currently augmenting my mostly starlight setup.