[SOLVED] QC3122 Factory Reset

ebswift

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have two of these cameras and somehow both have locked me out of admin access via the web after initially setting them up. Possibly from disabling remote admin or something, I'm not entirely sure, but previously I reset the password and was able to login, but no more. Any clues on how these things might be able to be factory reset? They do work, but the framerate is too high and they're killing the network.

IMG_20170916_070917.jpg IMG_20170916_071337.jpg IMG_20170916_071423.jpg IMG_20170916_105511.jpg IMG_20170916_105523.jpg IMG_20170916_105606.jpg

Reaction score
Hi, I have two of these cameras and somehow both have locked me out of admin access via the web after initially setting them up. Possibly from disabling remote admin or something, I'm not entirely sure, but previously I reset the password and was able to login, but no more. Any clues on how these things might be able to be factory reset? They do work, but the framerate is too high and they're killing the network.
If that's an Hi3516/Hi3518 based camera board (certainly looks like one) then one of the three- or four- contact points in the last picture would be a serial console port. Different manufacturers used different root passwords, but these are generally available somewhere on the Internet.

Techview QC3122 - I've attached a PDF of the user manual. Review page 6 where it says a reset button should be connected as part of the pigtail installed with the camera.

Attachments

Last edited:

ebswift

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, the manual is different to my unit as it doesn't have the pigtail, and no sign of any internal button. Serial console could be an option, I already tried telnet, though none of the internet passwords worked, even using hydra to automate them.

In any case I can get streaming from the units, and I was able to use ONVIF Device Manager to do what I needed, in as far as dropping the framerate and synching internal time. I was not able to reset the units, change the password or create a user, but they are at least usable for me now. I don't like the fact that I can no longer access them as admin but I can live with that for now.

ebswift

n3wb
Reaction score
I did find a solution for logging in, the password is hardcoded on the device and can be found here (look for SuperPassword):

http://cameraip/js/main.js

Apologies for reviving such an old post, but it is an annoying problem.