Qnap QVR Pro with Amcrest user from UK

spile

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all
Just setting up prior to installation...
QNAP NAS running QVRPro
Amcrest bullet IP4M-1026EW for rear of property and IP5M-T1179EW-36MM for front.

Have read the FAQ/notes.
Awaiting Poe switch so using 12v power supplies and Ethernet power adapter which surprisingly work well for testing.
Still exploring events and triggers so do not use these at the moment.

Issues so far....
QvrPro Client works fine on Android phone and IPad but refuses to run on Windows 10. Call opened with Qnap. Others posting on the Qnap forum are having same issue.

Would like to back up recordings to Google Drive but does not seem straightforward on QVRPro.

Not sure why I ended up with a new discontinued Amcrest camera. See other thread.

spile

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Progress on the QVRPRo client issue above...

The onboard graphics (Intel 3000) on my PC will not run the QVR Pro Client.
The suggestion from QNAP is to try a software render on the PC:
- Find out the QVR Pro Client shortcut on the desktop and this PC and right click on it.
- Switch to tab "Shortcut" and add -swrender into the Target behind "xxxxxQVR Pro Client.exe" and click OK.
However, I did not follow the above as I have a dual monitor set up with a separate AMD Radeon graphic card so I did the following:
From W10 desktop, right click and choose Display Settings. Select second display (the one that uses the AMD graphics) and under Multiple displays, tick "Make this my main display".
The QVR Pro Client now runs.
According to this source (How To Force An App To Use The Dedicated GPU On Windows), it should be possible to force the application to use the external graphics card by adding it to Graphics settings > Graphics performance preference or in my case by adding it to the Gaming tab of AMD Catalyst Control Center. However this did not work for me.

2)