Qontest: Win a BRAND NEW free 2TB WD Purple Surveillance Drive

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Q™, Sep 9, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Q™

Q™ Known around here

Enter this Qontest to win F*R*E*E* brand new unopened 2TB WD Purple Surveillance Drive

Contest Rules:
    1. You must have at least 100 ipcamtalk.com posts to enter into this contest
    2. You must "Like" this topic for your qontest entry to be eligible
    3. The winner will receive is one (1) brand new free 2TB WD Purple Surveillance Drive (shipping is included)
    4. @tangent will decide who the wins this contest
    5. @tangent and Q are ineligible
    6. This Qontest will be closed and a winner will be decided after fifty (50) different (unique) members have posted to the contest.
    To participate in this contest you must submit a post to this topic which answers the following question...

"What good or helpful thing have you done this year?"

Examples:

• "I saved a lost kitten"
    • "I helped a little old lady cross the street"
    • "I went to church"
    Let the Qontest begin!

flagwaver.gif

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    crw030, TechBill, awsum140 and 9 others like this.
  2. misterfredsr

misterfredsr Young grasshopper

I'm ineligible but no problem. I'm still a winner being a member of ipcamtalk having access to all the information provided here.

awsum140, Q™ and bp2008 like this.
  3. mycoma

mycoma BIT Beta Team

I helped a guy in a Wheel chair, get into a building today.

awsum140 and Q™ like this.
  4. Q™

Q™ Known around here

Atta boy @mycoma! Not only are you in the lead but Jesus appreciates it too. Tell you what bro...I'm going to send you a free (slightly used; not new) 2TB WD Purple Surveillance Drive, just for being the first to tell us about a good thing you did: PM me your shipping address and I'll send it out USPS 3-Day Priority. And thanks for doing something positive. smiley20.gif

For those of you who only do bad things, do not despair; all you have to do is go out today and do one good thing and tell us about it...then you can go back to being assholes. smiley17.gif

jmcu, awsum140, looney2ns and 3 others like this.
  5. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee Getting the hang of it

I go to church each Sunday.
    I change a lot of bicycle tires on group rides
    I donate blood.
    I answer questions on this forum , I have not attempted to kill some members, but I have thought about it.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    awsum140, vwnotrunning and Q™ like this.
  6. catcamstar

catcamstar Getting the hang of it

This year, I helped out a family, they didn't speak the local language, they didn't know anything in the neighborhood, they didn't have the right papers to rent a house - so after 6 months of helping administration, they now have a roof above their head and more importantly, access to a social network of think-alike friends! This family is now very happy, and is most visible in the eyes of their kids.

I wish there were more people willing to help out strangers - not all of them are bad!!!

-- edit: and this seems to be my 100st post too on ipcamtalk forum :) Party time!

awsum140, Q™, tangent and 1 other person like this.
  7. gpower07

gpower07 Getting the hang of it

I come here everyday.

awsum140 and Q™ like this.
  8. Q™

Q™ Known around here

Current number of unique member posts: 6

9. TechBill

TechBill Getting comfortable

I clean the whole house and took care of our 4 kids over the weekend including today so my wife doesn't have to lift a finger allowing her to focus on her studies and homework for her college courses.

jmcu, awsum140, Q™ and 1 other person like this.
  10. Q™

Q™ Known around here

11. looney2ns

looney2ns Known around here

My neighbor is awaiting a kidney transplant. I take her to have dialysis 3 times per week, as she's not able to drive.
    Her husband has fallen in his backyard, and I've helped get him back into the house.
    Another neighbor has dementia, I go over and check on him when his daughter can't.
    I do small repairs for him around the house as needed.
    I try to help as many folks as I can on this board everyday....several times I've done so via team-viewer.

Appreciate what you have everyday.

I HATE bragging, and I really struggled to hit post reply.:nervous:

Thanks to @Q for doing these contests.

jmcu, Olddawg, awsum140 and 4 others like this.
  12. Q™

Q™ Known around here

It's not bragging, it's what you do...and God bless you for doing it brother.

Me? I started this topic, which will probably cause someone to go forth and do a good deed. Therefore, I did a good deed without actually having to get off my lazy ass and actually do something!

vacation.gif

13. c hris527

c hris527 Getting comfortable

I was a few towns out doing some service work, going to lunch at my fav hot dog joint, was parked and out of the truck, a lady was walking up the hill to town and asked me where the local food pantry was, she had a companion with her, at first I pointed her up the street to where it was at one of the local Churches. I then thought she had nothing and asked them If they were hungry, she said yes so I brought them into the hot dog joint and told them anything they wanted for lunch was on me. They ended up with a $20 tab and I gladly paid it and took mine on the go.

awsum140, fenderman, Q™ and 2 others like this.
  14. misterfredsr

misterfredsr Young grasshopper

awsum140 likes this.
  15. Q™

Q™ Known around here

Then let's hear about it. thumbsup.gif

16. gregbert

gregbert Young grasshopper

I recommended ipcamtalk.com to users on other tech forums!

awsum140 and fenderman like this.
  17. Fastb

Fastb Known around here

Q,

I'm handy, and have experience with home repair, electronics, wiring, etc. There are older folks nearby who use the NextDoor web site to ask for recommendations and help. The folks I reach out to are elderly, with limited finances. They need help with simple things. Things that would be expensive to call an electrician or contractor. I help with their small projects:
    - lamp rewiring
    - ceiling fan vibration problem
    - rats in crawlspace,
    - dead outlets (due to failed GFCI unit)
    - replace a failed dimmer wall switch
    - Door replacement
    - faucet replacement
    - Ring doorbell installation (Her daughter bought the unit believing "Mom" needed it)
    - Finished basement kitchen so an elderly woman could add a tenant, to help her pay taxes in the super-heated Seattle RE market & rising taxes.
    - replacing a '70's cooktop with something modern (that she bought used)

I do this 'cuz I'm semi-retired, & have the tools, skills, and time.
    Honestly, I do this for selfish reasons. Eg: the ultra-genuine appreciation received from these clients. It warms my heart.
    In contrast to gigs for folks too busy to do their project themselves. They're too important, so they shop for grunts to do something on the cheap.

I was reported for doing electrical work without an electrical contractor's license. For a licensed electrician simply show up costs $125. Then the billable clock start ticking. eg: I replaced a failed bath fan timer for $50 (which included buying the replacement) for a retired woman. For an electrician, if she could find one interested in such a small project, would have been $200+ (including a mark-up on the fan timer).

Am I helping others? Maybe.
    Honestly, I do it for selfish reasons. I want to feel appreciated. I like having fans. Tho I say "Don't sign my praises on NextDoor, since I could get in trouble for undercutting licensed electricians and handymen."
    Note: I'm an EE, and know wiring code. My many projects (home, 3 rentals) were permitted, inspected, and passed inspections. So my recent simple electrical projects were done safely, and to code.

I joined your Qtest late. I have a week's worth of storage on my Dahua NVR single HDD. Maybe others need the HDD more than me. Maybe that's my selfless side talking.

Here's a link to what my security cam caught recently:

Maybe I'm helping deer and coyotes also? To survive in Seattlel, that is always getting denser and more in-built.

Q, thanks for this contest. "Helping Others" is something that should be elevated, lauded, and rewarded. Kudos to you, sir!

Regards,
    Fastb

tangent, looney2ns, awsum140 and 3 others like this.
  18. awsum140

awsum140 Getting comfortable

I keep the house, reasonably, clean, set up dinner and lunch daily, cook dinner quite often as well, walk the dog every day (I'm retired and the wife still works) and help any neighbor that asks. I recently helped a neighbor with a video and stills of someone rifling his mailbox. My one neighbors wife got a knee transplant the other day so this weekend I'm going to get them some prepared foods so they don't have to worry about cooking, just heat and eat.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    looney2ns and Q™ like this.
  19. NoloC

NoloC Getting comfortable

I went to the NIKE STORE and bought their most expensive shoes. Next day I returned them.
    I told them "They hurt my feet when I stand for the National Anthem".

20. alastairstevenson

alastairstevenson Known around here

Any time I come across a spider in the house - and it's the season for these just now - I trick it into a jug and put it outside so it too can appreciate the Great Outdoors just as I do. It's good to imagine what they say to their mates about the great deity that transported them from the desert to a land of plenty.

21. TechBill

TechBill Getting comfortable

Today, I spent about 4 hours trying to recover files from a hard drive that was pulled from a damaged laptop for a friend.

So far, I managed to recovered about 17GB worth of his family photos and I still have about 5GB to go. it was not an easy task considering how much damages the data had and i am doing this for him for free. Others would had charge him hundreds of dollars for this job.

Photo of hard drive pulled from laptop and plugged into adapter allowing me to try recover data from it.

datarecovery.jpg

*resized image to smaller size*

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    awsum140 likes this.
  22. Q™

Q™ Known around here

Unique member posts: 15 (the contest will end after 50 unique member posts). smiley14.gif

23. Q™

Q™ Known around here

Looking to give this brand new unopened 2TB WD Purple surveillance drive away. Free. Really: ask @mycoma!

Let's get some more entries here.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    looney2ns, fenderman and awsum140 like this.
  24. mycoma

mycoma BIT Beta Team

Yes I received one, Thank You!

awsum140 likes this.
  25. Fastb

Fastb Known around here

Q,

Using a 2nd alias, I could register with ipcamtalk , and post 100 messages to become eligible.
    Is stuffing the ballot box frowned upon?
    I could enlist some Russians who are experienced in election meddling.
    пулевая камера? Translation: Bullet Camera?

bigredfish and awsum140 like this.
  26. Q™

Q™ Known around here

That would be doing a bad thing...not a good thing @Fastb...but frankly I’d make an exception for that subterfuge, simply to get this fuQin’ contest rollin’ on down the highway to Happy Town. :)

27. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

by the time you reach the magic number 2TB drives will be obsolete...:)

awsum140, NoloC and archedraft like this.
  28. archedraft

archedraft n3wb

29. Q™

Q™ Known around here

smiley20.gif Indeed! Yet somehow I believe that anything which is truly "free" is never obsolete. But it appears that we may have to end this contest early.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018 at 8:30 PM
  30. awsum140

awsum140 Getting comfortable

Just remember, Q, the road to hell is paved with good intentions and yours seem to be very good.

I don't think a 2TB drive will ever be obsolete. The way things are going it may be the right size for a Winduhhs boot drive in the not too distant future.