Quality issues with viewing alert clips

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When I review clips from both of my cameras in the BI app on my PC, iOS app or from the web server in Safari or Chrome... Clips do not have smooth playback and have pixelation/ghosting where parts of the moving image remain as motion occurs briefly. I'm using 45 frames for pre-trigger and the attached record settings for each camera.

How should I begin to troubleshoot this issue? Thanks

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@105437 What version of BI?
First thing to do is, in the camera, match the iframe interval to the fps.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Check your camera's iframes setup. Set them to match your FPS and see if the ghosting still occurs.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman... When I first checked the frame rate on the camera in the BI app on my PC it was set to 20 fps. I'm almost sure it was set to 15 fps. I wonder if the recent upgrade changed it? At any rate, here are a couple of screen shots from my camera config and the camera options in BI. Is this what you were talking about?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
your iframes seem to be set correctly...i dont think the frame rate in BI4 matters any because its always set to adjust automatically. In the past setting it to a higher frame rate actually eliminated the ghosting..try reducing the bitrate to 4096 and see if it helps..You may also wish to try setting the alt/timelapse frame rate in the record tab to 15...see if that helps...
Upload a video of the issue as well.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Looks like changing BI frame rate setting from 20 fps to 15 fps fixed the issue. Thanks