Question about my Blue Iris Single License

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello to all, sorry if this is a dumb question.

I have a single BI license on a dedicated BI PC purchased through the IPCamtalk Store.

Windows 10 updated and fouled my PC up (removed Chrome, Removed Dahua Toolbox/PSS, other unwanted side effects).

I was planning on restoring my PC to an earlier version, but the earlier working version was prior to purchasing/down loading BI. Is this going to mess me up when I try to reinstall BI?

Thanks for any guidance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello to all, sorry if this is a dumb question.

I have a single BI license on a dedicated BI PC purchased through the IPCamtalk Store.

Windows 10 updated and fouled my PC up (removed Chrome, Removed Dahua Toolbox/PSS, other unwanted side effects).

I was planning on restoring my PC to an earlier version, but the earlier working version was prior to purchasing/down loading BI. Is this going to mess me up when I try to reinstall BI?

Thanks for any guidance.
Deactivate your current license before you restore.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response.

I fought this for about an hour, unable to get BI to work with MS Edge (as a reminder Chrome was uninstalled by MS). I could not get a BI video display on my Dahua (Andy VF) Cam. I knew the cam was working as I could get it to work using Dahua Tools.

Before I did anything drastic I decided to reinstall Chrome. Everything in BI starting working again immediately after Chrome was reinstalled, freakin Microsoft and their updates.

I added the extra information in case anyone runs into this issue.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
It might be time to cut your losses.

Make sure you have a good back up from BI and store externally!

1. De-activate your BI
2. Reload Windoze 10
3. Reload BI
4. Reactivate BI with your key and restore from backup.

5. Look into restricting Windoze updates.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok can I be the first to say that I’ve never ever heard of a Windows update uninstalling products, not to say that there isn’t a first?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Windows update would not have uninstalled Chrome. You may have something else going on on that PC. Have you checked the event logs to see what was logged when then uninstall took place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As mentioned, when I reinstalled Chrome everything seems to be working.

The PC was recently built from scratch and has not been used other than downloading Blue Iris and initializing one cam and testing a second cam. It is not on the Internet unless I connect an Ethernet cable which I leave unconnected 99.9% of the time, no wireless built in either. I used a decommissioned scrap Win 7 PC for the Win 10 license key.

I agree, I never saw a windows update uninstall a program. That being said, what I observed: removed Chrome, Removed Dahua Toolbox/PSS. It was almost like I started a fresh update from Win 7 to Win 10 now that I think about it. Almost like it restored to an earlier point which would not have Chrome/PSS installed. Yep, weird.

I will take a more detailed look and see if I can determine what transpired.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
BI is also not dependant upon Chrome so even stranger the without Chrome it wouldn’t work.