Question for owners of Hikvision NVR with alarm inputs.

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im looking to get a Hikvision nvr with alarm inputs to use a PIR sensor with.
I believe the DS-7716NI and the DS-7608NI-I2 are the ones that have this feature.
To anyone who owns one of these and uses the alarm inputs with a PIR sensor, can you tell me if the email function correctly works and sends a picture along with the email? Thanks.

Magnus357

n3wb
Reaction score
I use a DS-7608ni-e2/8p. I have alarming on the cameras, as the NVR doesn't have built in I/O.

I use a PIR connected to the camera. The NVR recognizes the camera I/O under triggering. I can send an email with the three screen capture and it works really well.

What pisses me off is that push alerts don't work well. Unlike motion events that generate an option to live view the camera or view the recording of the event, I/O alarms just generate a notification without options. I know the app can do it, but functionality isn't built in.

That said, emails work well. I don't know for 100% how this would change with I/O on the NVR, but as I'm configuring my camera I/O from the NVR, I'm almost positive it will work for you.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I have installed quite a few hik systems and even more dahua systems. When it came down to a system for my house, i used hik cameras, a dahua 16 channel nvr without poe, and a seperate 16 channel net gear PoE switch. What I have learned is the dahua nvr has great push notifications through the gdmss app. The smart PSS vms works better than the hikvision ivms when using alarm inputs also. We use pirs in most of our commercial applications with Dahua dvrs and nvrs and have really come to depend on the reliability and simplicity along with the flexibility of the configurations. I used hik cameras on my house because I really like the quality of their cameras and the built in analytics.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Im looking to get a Hikvision nvr with alarm inputs to use a PIR sensor with.
I believe the DS-7716NI and the DS-7608NI-I2 are the ones that have this feature.
To anyone who owns one of these and uses the alarm inputs with a PIR sensor, can you tell me if the email function correctly works and sends a picture along with the email? Thanks.
7700s have alarm and dry contact I/O (you'll see in pics they have green terminal blocks), 7600s do not. Email/push alerts have always been a touchy subject and there's no pattern of correlation as to when they work or when they don't. However, I do know that if you attempt to use Gmail with these NVRs, you need to tell Google to allow less secure apps, as that's the category the NVR falls in. I do not have these enabled so I can't speak from experience but reading around here it's a resounding issue. With the most recent firmware however, I am told that email notifications are working again. Some time ago, nothing worked.