Question on 16 port POE + switch

Jamson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I was looking at getting a 16 port poe+ switch. I would like to have 8 ports for poe+. I was thinking of getting the linksys lgs116p, but I noticed it says PoE power budget of 80 W. Would that be enough to handle all 8 ports if some are PTZ? Also is there any recommendations on something else in the same price range.
Thanks.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That would be enough for 8 5231 Starlights considering their max W is like <8.4 or something.... But some people have stated they actually never get up that high.

Just add up all the power needed for what you expect to connect and compare it to what's specified as the max for the switch. 80W seems really low for a POE+ switch....

Jamson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That would be enough for 8 5231 Starlights considering their max W is like <8.4 or something.... But some people have stated they actually never get up that high.

Just add up all the power needed for what you expect to connect and compare it to what's specified as the max for the switch. 80W seems really low for a POE+ switch....
Yea thats what I was thinking 80w is low. I am just thinking for the future if i add ptz I would be over the limit. Any other thoughts on a different unit?

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nope. I only have one (of 8) open port on my main poe+ switch in the house and actually could use one thou. But im not likely to spend the $$$ to get one anytime soon.

Jamson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok thanks, anyone has thoughts on which is a good poe+ switch . Thanks

Jamson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anybody know of a good 16port poe+ that would be ok to get. Thanks