question on mounting bullet camera, and request for suggestions

RicardoK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question here... but before mounting bullet cameras to its fixed location, for testing things out can I mount it on a tripod via some sort of adapter? I want to run tests in different locations before I actually mount it.

Also what would you suggest for a good quality, mid-range camera?

I've seen comments regarding this camera:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Arrival-Rotary-Bullet-PTZ-Camera-With-Card-Slot-2MP-10X-IR-80m-Night-Vision/32437446186.html

Is this something Nelly's carries? Or do you have something similar?

thanks for your help
Ricardo

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @RicardoK, I've never heard of anyone doing that but your guess is as good as mine on getting it connected to a tripod. We have a similar dome camera here: http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras/ip-ptz-s/hikvision-2de4582-ae-2mp-1080p-network-ir-mini-ip-ptz-dome-camera.html

I've never used a Huisun so I can't compare, however, Hikvision makes an excellent camera with great video quality for the price. Also, you get a 3 year warranty and US based support through us.

RicardoK

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you Ryan.

The one you referred to is quite more expensive, however. Also I'm looking for a bullet-type of camera.

Thank you for your response!

Ricardo

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wether you're using blue iris or nvr, you can get that part setup and the app on your phone or tablet. Make or buy you a length of cable that is long enough. Plug your cam in and use your smartphone or tablet to see the view while you or someone helping you is holding the cam.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've done this before drilling final hole in soffit. I pull all my cables and let them hang out of the soffit vents. Thus way before I drill final hole I can view the cam on my tablet or smartphone to ensure that the customer is happy with field of view.