Questions about placing Line Crossing and privacy

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use line crossing detection on one of my cameras in addition to Motion Detection. With line crossing I set up email alerts, not with motion.

MT triggers a loooot more often than line crossing. When I drive with my car through the line, motion is always triggered, but line crossing not always.

Due to policy I have to black out a part of the picture. Therefore I had to place the line crossing line quite near the camera border.

1)
Could an already running motion detection affect the line crossing? If motion is already triggered then line crossing is not triggered anymore?

2)
When is line crossing more effective? LC is more reliant when placed in the middle of the picture, no doubt. Should I move the camera a bit up so that I can move the line for LC a bit down getting better detections? I might have to black out a bit on the top.

3)
Using black out because of privacy policy, are the detections done before blacking or after? Means, if I place a Line Crossing at the border of a black privacy zone, is it getting triggered reliably or not?