Questions on cheapie PTZ clone

Reaction score
I purchased this camera "Annke smart Wireless PT camera" unit id :l41cj model# f183. It works ok with my smart phone but I would like to install it on Blue Iris. I've tried the obvious methods so far no luck! Any chance someone knows the clone equivalent? Or, how to install it in Blue Iris. If there's a need for more info, just let me know.
Thanks
OSD20170930_181725.jpg

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Norton Security reports the annke.com website as unsafe with reports of virus! Strange. Prob from the firmware downloads.

Reaction score
Ok,just got back to the computer...Thanks for the update on Norton.
the address is 192.168.1.24.
can't get BI or Onvif device Manager to recognize it.

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Quick searches on these cameras result in hits referring that these cameras only work with the Android and iPhone apps. And possibly they use there own streaming protocol. I have no idea. There are references to ANNKE non compatibility with BI going back to 2014!

Further research is necessary. Good luck. Google is your friend!

Poochie

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently been playing with a cheapie China camera similar to this one .
When you put your cameras IP into the configuration in BI setup you are probably going to need to add something similar to this in the path box below video /live/ch00_1
After many hours of trying diferent things with this cheap camera that is the only way it would work.
Also remember if you have issues with PTZ not working in BI you need to log in as Admin with the same password that you would use for the web interface for your particular camera.
i wasted lots of time learning that lesson myself.
Lots of great info in the posts here if you take the time to read it.
Only reason i spent so much time trying to figure out this M.way camera is because I got it at a resale outlet for $4 not a bad buy for a wireless camera with 2 way audio, night vision and near 360 degrees of motion that i can control from anywhere.
I wouldnt buy one for full price but it does well for what i have in it.