Questions re: Area of Interest

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On one of my cameras I am using the Area of Interest feature and the image is cropped to the AoI as I desire. Does this also mean that only motion within the AoI will trigger? Or will motion within the camera's frame of view but outside of the AoI trigger an alert.

One other strange thing is that even though the AoI checkbox is checked I can't seem to Edit the AoI once it is set up. I have to uncheck and then do it again. Is this a bug or is this the way it is supposed to work?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It will only detect the motion from the AOI..from the help file
The Area of Interest (AOI) setting allows you to select a sub-set of the full resolution frame to use for a network IP camera. You may wish to exclude part of the frame for privacy concerns, or you may have multiple camera windows each devoted to a section of a large full frame. Once set, you must first un-check the option as well as the Anamorphic setting and return here to select a new AOI.

wayner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks - the way that this camera is mounted the left 1/4 of the screen will have lots of motion from tree leaves/branches so I wanted to exclude it from the motion trigger area - and from the video recording as there is no point in recording a tree branch 4' from the camera.