questions regarding line detection - min/max rectangles

rotation

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Using Line Detection I can/have to set a min and max size.

What are these 2 rectangles for, exactly?

Min: Everything smaller is ignored

Max: Everything bigger is ignored
correct?

I placed a line with A/B detection, where do I place these 2 min/max rectangles?
Can they be placed everywhere in the picture?

What happens if I only place a line with a sensitivity of close to 100 but do not place the 2 min/max rectangles?

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The same questions from the OP also apply to the "intrusion Detection" smart event. Should the min and max rectangles be drawn within the boundaries of the intrusion area or not? Is there a relation of the min and max areas to the area of the intrusion area with to respect to triggering the event?
I have used both line and intrusion detection and I find them highly unreliable with wither missed events or with false events. Especially if the motion is perpendicular (across) to the view axis which means that the average human passage may last less than two seconds, then the camera will either capture the very last milliseconds of the motion and thus will capture only the last part of the ... leg but not the human face OR the camera will trigger the event but the camera will capture nothing as the human passed quickly in front of the camera.

Does anyone have any experience and knowledge on this matter?