Quick Question: Can I Run Blue Iris on PC to record AND NVR ?

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hopefully the title made sense.

I am in the process of setting everything up. Running everything (have 3 of 6 cameras installed).
Have Blue Iris Setup on 24/7 PC recording, transferring etc etc (still need to adjust and setup perfectly).

What I want though, is to either

1) Have NVR hooked up to a different monitor (TV), and be able to see the cameras, all recording done by Blue Iris
2) Have NVR hooked up to a different monitor (TV), and be able to see the cameras AND record on BOTH Blue Iris PC and the NVR (sort of like a backup hooked up else where if PC stolen/Blown UP etc)

I have thought about installing an "APP" on the TV to view the cameras and do no recording, but figured If i could use the NVR for something, It'd be nice to have as a backup, AND be able to view the cameras.

Reaction score
I believe for #1 : you wouldn't need an NVR at all maybe just a micro-pc or something that can run BlueIris UI3 (unfortunately not sure there is a Smart TV that can pull it off), there is another thread going where the guy wants multi-view and he is being guided towards micro PC setups.
for #2 If the Blue Iris machine and the NVR can both reach all the cameras (for example both plugged into a POE switch where all the cameras are connected) then you should be golden. (I don't have an NVR) but it seems NVRs have their own built in multi-port, sometimes POE switch, I don't think you can use those connections though and still have Blue Iris retrieve the camera streams.

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have poe switches.
i can access the streams with both pc and nvr.

just wondering if there will be any trouble with throughput if this is utilized on teo systems

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i have poe switches.
i can access the streams with both pc and nvr.

just wondering if there will be any trouble with throughput if this is utilized on teo systems
you will have no trouble

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks every one for their fast replies.

I will post a write up, and some pointers that I learned that I don't remember reading in the wiki, to hopefully help others!