Quiet 16 ports Poe switch recommendation

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm going to replace my NVR to buy a no Poe one (I need to do that to change my net configuration). I will need a Poe switch that must be placed not far from bedroom. Does somebody know if there is a 16 ports Poe switch without cooling fan?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There are some out there, just search for “Poe switch fanless”. Did you consider purchasing multiple 4 port Poe switches rather than one large one? Thry typically don’t have fans. That way it is cheaper to have a spare. You would need 5 to get the necessary ports (16) plus 1 more for a spare. Overall it would be cheaper to get 6 small switches than 2 large ones.

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's a good idea. How the 5 switches have to be connected each other?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use four POE switches with 4 ports each and a network port (non poe). I have different manufacturers. They are connected to an 8 port gigabit switch. The BI PC (or NVR) is connect to this switch also. This switch is connected to your router. Do not connect the POE switches directly to the router, do not connect the NVR (or PC) directly to the router. Do not run the normal camera traffic through the router.

Examples

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Gigabit-Ethernet-Unmanaged-Desktop/dp/B01MRO4M73/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1549488245&sr=1-4&keywords=poe+switch+5+port

https://www.amazon.com/D-Link-Unmanaged-Desktop-Switch-1005P/dp/B007RB9AJC/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1549488363&sr=1-8&keywords=poe+switch+5+port

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Connect your cameras to 4 of the switches. Then connect the uplink port of those 4 switches to the ports of the 5th switch. Connect the uplink port of this last switch to the input of NVR.

AlbertoIt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Connect your cameras to 4 of the switches. Then connect the uplink port of those 4 switches to the ports of the 5th switch. Connect the uplink port of this last switch to the input of NVR.
Ok, so the 5th switch isn't poe, is it?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In my example the 5 central switch is just a plan gigabit switch. The 4 Poe switches, the NVR, and router connect to this switch.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm going to replace my NVR to buy a no Poe one (I need to do that to change my net configuration). I will need a Poe switch that must be placed not far from bedroom. Does somebody know if there is a 16 ports Poe switch without cooling fan?

https://www.amazon.com/IPCamPower-Network-Gigabit-Designed-Cameras/dp/B07BW8FNVW/ref=sr_1_9?crid=1OPXBCQKHRVW4&keywords=ipcam+power&qid=1550696906&s=gateway&sprefix=ipcam,aps,156&sr=8-9

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.