QVIS plugin won't load

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi
can anyone help me solve the problem i am having with my Qvis ptz camera webclient. the problem i am having is that i cannot download the webpages plugin to view the camera and more importantly change port settings.. of which i need to do to be able to view away from home. now i can view the camera at home using IVMS 4200 and also the SADP tool can see the camera.. but none of these apps allow me to change the cameras settings. i do have other ip cameras and i have had no problem with them only the Qvis one .. the funny part is i can go on the ip webpage to click the plugin but when i click the plugin it says no internet connection.. any ideas to help will be greatly appreiciated..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
can anyone help me solve the problem i am having with my Qvis ptz camera webclient. the problem i am having is that i cannot download the webpages plugin to view the camera and more importantly change port settings.. of which i need to do to be able to view away from home. now i can view the camera at home using IVMS 4200 and also the SADP tool can see the camera.. but none of these apps allow me to change the cameras settings. i do have other ip cameras and i have had no problem with them only the Qvis one .. the funny part is i can go on the ip webpage to click the plugin but when i click the plugin it says no internet connection.. any ideas to help will be greatly appreiciated..
try using internet explorer (not edge or chrome)...
you may be able to change some setting using onvif device manager.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

hi i have tried IE and firefox the issue seems to be the plugin when i click on it says no internet connection. even though i'm on the webpage.onvif wont work for some reason.. i can view the camera using ivms 4200 at home but i want to view away from home and i need to change camera ports because i already have other ip cameras using port 80 and 8000.

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to set up a VPN. So when you are connected by VPN you are on your local home network. Do not use port forwarding. Can you connect and view your cameras when on the local home network?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

hi i have tried IE and firefox the issue seems to be the pluin when i click on it says no internet connection. even though i'm on the webpage.onvif wont work for some reason.. i can view the camera using ivms 4200 at home but i want to view away from home and i need to change camera ports because i alredy have other ip cameras using port 80 and 8000.
you dont want to port forward any cameras..you will be hacked...if the camera works with ivms/sadp its a hikvision oem...its full of bugs and vulnerabilities.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
you dont want to port forward any cameras..you will be hacked...if the camera works with ivms/sadp its a hikvision oem...its full of bugs and vulnerabilities.
i can view the Qvis ip camera at home. but i want to be able to view it away from home,

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
if i use a vpn will i still be able to view the camera away from home .and will i still have to port forward my external ip address,,

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
if i use a vpn will i still be able to view the camera away from home .and will i still have to port forward my external ip address,,
Read the VPN for noobs thread..

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is the point of a VPN. To be able to safely view items on your network while away from home, without port forwarding. Port forwarding is dangerous.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is the point of a VPN. To be able to safely view items on your network while away from home, without port forwarding. Port forwarding is dangerous.

Thank-you for a straight answer..now can you point me in the right direction for the vpn post for noobs as i cant find it i am old you know ,

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
interesting read the vpn thread .. but it dosen't help with my not being able to load the plugin.anyone any ideas how i can load the plugin,

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What exactly is you problem in detail.
I asked if you could log into you cameras from your home network. You said yes ???????
A VPN places you on you home network.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What exactly is you problem in detail.
I asked if you could log into you cameras from your home network. You said yes ???????
A VPN places you on you home network.
Sorry if iv'e come across sounding ungrateful i didn't mean to,
As i said i can view the camera using my home network.using IVMS 4200 client. but this app won't allow me to use the cameras settings to change anything.forget about the port forwarding for now. i cannot access the osd or change the time or other features the camera as. so i do need to be able to download the plugin. if i put the cameras ip in the url bar it does load the webpage but when i click on the plugin it says no internet connection.. i want to put the camera in place this week but i want to be able to use the funtions. it's just got me beat as to why it says no internet connection even though i'm on the webpage. and the sadp tool see's it,

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Log in to the cameras from home, using internet explorer or pale moon 32 bit browser.

Again answer all the IP questions.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Log in to the cameras from home, using internet explorer or pale moon 32 bit browser.

Again answer all the IP questions.
i have tried these browsers and firefox ..it still says no internet connection when they clearly is .. and which ip questions do you mean.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you login to your cameras from home using internet explorer or the palemoon32 bit browser ?

How old are these cameras, is it possible that the download information/ addressn Inthe camera is wrong?

Disable your firewall and virus protection disable ie security.

Google search qvis plugin and download it directly for there web site.

Last edited:

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you login to your cameras from home using internet explorer or the palemoon32 bit browser ?

How old are these cameras, is it possible that the download information/ addressn Inthe camera is wrong?

Disable your firewall and virus protection disable ie security.

Google search qvis plugin and download it directly for there web site.
no i can't login using IE or palemoon browsers .. i can load the webpage from these browsers but not able to load the plugin. i get the reply no internet access as shown in the pic ,,
the camera is brand new. this model 2MP Network IR IP PTZ Camera with 20x Optical Zoom
i tried disabling my firewall no success.
i loaded the only plugin i could find on the qvis website nothing changed.

i did contact QVIS tech team i was told as i was not trade and only joe public they only deal with trade and put the phone down.. great help i thought.
i did turn of all my other cameras on the net and still no change.. so i'm giving up trying i can view the camera using ivms 2400 although i cannot change or access any settings it will after do.. i was hoping to be able to view from away from home but at least i can view from home so i'll settle for that. thank-you for the help and suggestions

regards jon