Rack mount power supply

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been looking for a solution for a rack mount power strip for a small server rack. Any suggestions?

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm..hadn't thought of a UPS/Power strip combined. I like the form factor of the Smart1500. Not such great reviews on Amazon though and it appears the batteries are not replaceable.

I was looking for a strip with 8 (offset) rear outlets as I have several components with power blocks that take up some width where they plug in. (really a ridiculous design imo)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My plan is a 9u cabinet and it would be nice to keep things as compact as possible. What size UPS would be best for a SFF pc, switch, several alarm/wireless hubs, etc..

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@Rickoo
Totally depends on the power requirements. Several of the UPS websites have calculators on them to gauge what you need. Also, be aware, basically all the UPS' have mixed reviews online.

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a Cyberpower 700VA rackmount one (OR700LCDRM1U), and it's no longer sufficient for how I want it to work. Previously it was sufficient, just powering my cable modem and wifi router, to keep internet alive for 2+ hours on laptops & devices when the power goes out.

Now that I have cameras, and a rackmount PC for BI, I have the PC and POE switch on the UPS too. If I unplug the UPS to simulate a power outage, it shows it'll run 20mins tops, and makes a buzzing noise louder than my wife's vibrator. I don't know if it's the load, or if the PC power supply doesn't like the simulated sinewave, but the PC stays running.

Go with a 1500VA (at least).