Random Camera Issues

TLR

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not sure the source of this issue but I thought I would start here. System has been installed for just under a year. 2 weeks ago, boot drive on PC started to randomly fail. As it was an old machine and still running BI4, figured I would pick up upgraded box and launch with BI5. New ( used) machine came in and after some setup, BI5 installed and was running in no time flat. Have had some quirky issues I am trying to resolve such as slow notifications, 30 second delay on cameras. These I need to see if I can see what is happening CPU wise. But the one that has me puzzled is that randomly a camera will go into a mode that appears as attached. It looks like it may be 4 color mode. I have now seen this on 2 different cameras so odds of 2 cameras failing the same way are is not impossible but improbable. Some times it clears on its own, other times it requires intervention. Within BI all I have to do is go into camera properties and out. I get the color bars and then the picture comes back. If I log into the camera directly when BI is not displaying correctly, video is fine. In reality BI is not seeing the camera anymore. It does not record the 4 color image. This is just a symptom on a remote monitor that I always have on so I know something happened. As I can log directly into the camera I know the network connection is there and the camera is not freezing. Just do not know where to start on this as it is a random issue. It could be 3-4 days between incidents. Has anyone seen anything like this or have suggestions?

Attachments