Random Distortion of new 4MP Dahua Dome Camera

Reaction score
I just setup my first IP camera and am seeing sporadic and random distortion to the image. See video clip. I'm using a 4MP Dahua Dome camera with Blue Iris and have seen this occur about 5 times over the last ~18 hours. It's causing false triggers to be sent which is a concern.

Could this be a result from running my cat 6 cables (non-shielded) too close to house power lines powering external lighting? It's only a few inches apart and was wondering if that might cause an issue as I was running it yesterday. I didn't see an issue right away so assumed it was good to go. I think I'll re-route the ethernet further away today regardless after seeing some suggestions of 16" separation, but just wanted to get any thoughts if this is the behavior you'd expect to see with having low and higher voltage wires close together like this - or could it be something else entirely with the camera/Blue Iris?

Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to post the video so it is viewable without a file down load.
Post it to youtube and then link to it is one way to do it.

Reaction score
My bad. I added it to youtube:
It only lasts for a second or two and then is fine for hours again. It's happened in the middle and on the right side of the video. Hasn't happened yet today. I've seen it during the day and night.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Thats pretty trippy for sure, I have seen roll like that when the local Police key their mikes and are in about 15-20' from the camera. Everything rolls, monitors, cams am fm radio noise.
Got any RF power houses around ?

Reaction score
Interesting. No nothing like that near my house that I'm aware of. No cars/police or anything near the house either when it happens. No occurrences yet again since around 5:30am. Will keep monitoring it.