RCA doorbell help. what app, and no PIR alerts,

Lawrosa

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been reading through the posts here. I like the rca doorbell as its no supscription. I got it to woork fine except for a few issues.

here is what I have as of now.

transformer is a 24 volt, 20 va unit. ( I did order the 16 volt 30va model and should be here in a few days)
I get door bell notifications instantly. That works fine.
Only one dong on my ding dong mechanical doorbell seems to work. Why is that?

I do not get PIR notifications. The story on that goes like this. I started with the RCA app. All worked fine with that app at the start. But I didnt like that app so I tried the HIK app. After that the PIR notifications went away. I finally found the EZVIZ app which I like and am now using.

Anyone know how I can get PIR notifications back?

These notifications do show when I log into the app I will see all the triggers, but my phone does not make the sound to notify me. I have my phone set to all push notifications and banners, sounds and such.

any feed back is appreciated. Let me know if more info needed

i phone 7
on 5ghz router

Lawrosa

n3wb
Reaction score
well I powered down the doorbell and deleted it from the ezviz app. I reset the doorbell and registered again with ezviz. All working. Im getting all notifications..

This RCA doorbell gets hot though.

Maybe its the voltage? But I did run it with the 16volt, 10va trans and that was hot too..

Maybe normal. As I said 16v 30va trans is on its way.

Lawrosa

n3wb
Reaction score
Got the transformer today. Full bars now on wifi.

doorbell is warm not too hot. 16v, 30va transformer, edwards that was recommended here.

I think the 24volt , 20va one I had was too much voltage. And the stock trans @ 16v 10va made it get hot too. I think because that one was a cheapo and the voltage was unsteady. I think that 16v trans was up around the 21 volt range. And when door bell rang dropped it down to 13 volts.. not good.

So guys do yourself a favor and get that edwards 16v 30va trans former

getting all alerts, motion and doorbell instantly. video is outstanding quality.

IMG_9929[1].JPG IMG_9961[1].JPG

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
love it. have the same one.. great looking image for the price....

load the laview firmware on it if you care about OnVif and Sub-Stream capability.