Really need some help

netrack

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am hoping some of you guys can add your expertise and help me out. I am sure similar questions have been asked before but I have searched the forum and cannot find the exact scenario I have....

I run an escape room which requires that we can see and hear players whilst they are playing the games (no recording required just a live feed)

Currently our setup is using some cheap IP cams running over powerlines to a router in the control room and we access the cameras using the manufacturer's software to view the cams (no audio).

We are opening a new room which includes multiple rooms within the game. Running cable is going to be very difficult due to the construction and location of the rooms.

So I have purchased multiple TP-Link powerline adaptors TL-PA4010KIT (these work fine for standard cat5 cameras just not sure if I will need something else in the long run...)

My requirement is reliable IP cameras with PTZ capability that can be run across the powerlines (or different powerlines if I have purchased the wrong thing) back to the control room. My experience with in-built mics in cameras is not good so the solution should include the ability to hook up microphones to the IP cams and transfer the audio as well to the control room (maybe this can be done in one unit if the cameras are better than the cheap one's we purchased for our other rooms).

Confused on the whole PoE thing with Microphones and powerlines and the software to use at the control room.

Essentially want to be able to see and hear whats going on in each of the rooms and the ability to "switch" between audio in each room with one set of headphones.

I need someone to explain what would be required NVR,splitters,software etc...

Should also point out there is no internet at the location so the solution should work "locally" with no reliance on the internet...

I dont have unlimited budget but all suggestions will be taken on board.

Thanks and hoping someone can help :)

netrack

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but is there not a way to do this powerlines, running cable is going to be a real pain :(

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dependent upon @EMPIRETECANDY 's camera recommendations, I'm thinking:

• Dahua DH-SD12200T-GN, 2MP Starlight PTZ Network dome: is POE, one cable powers and controls cam, streams video, brings back audio from external mic.
  • Blue Iris on dedicated PC: display/record desired cams, configure to play audio from selected cam.
  • The quality of video, audio, PTZ control and the sheer number of cams on PLA units will likely be unreliable and provide poor performance. As @Q™ states, installation 'pain' of the CAT-5e will be worth it.
How did you plan to power the cams if using PLA's...with plugged in 'wall wart' power supplies? Lots of clutter, IMO.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You state you have an unlimited budget. Hire an electrician that is low voltage certified to run the cables.

netrack

n3wb
Reaction score
I actually said I don't have an unlimited budget :) I have contacted a local company to get a quote but still looking at options....