Recent Dahua 4K cams don't have POE???

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I ordered a HAC-HFW2802T-A-I8 and got something entirely different that looks similar but ended up being a iMaxCamPro HCC3181T-IR with a 1/2.7" sensor vs the 1/1.9 that the Dahua comes with. The camera looks similar and has similar specs until you dig deeper.

Anyways, it was then while digging deeper that I realized the Dahua camera I ordered, which is a recent 8 mp camera isn't powered by POE. Is this actually true or has POE become so ubiquitous that it isn't even mentioned anymore? I don't think I've bought a single camera in 13 years that wasn't powered by POE. Even the old Panasonic BB-HCM cameras from the mid 2000s are all powered by POE.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
talk to your seller. all dahua cams should be POE unless u bough a specfic one that is powered differently
It's right there on the manufacturers page:

Says 12 volt power adapter and nothing about POE. The users manual doesn't have POE in it even once.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered a HAC-HFW2802T-A-I8 and got something entirely different that looks similar but ended up being a iMaxCamPro HCC3181T-IR with a 1/2.7" sensor vs the 1/1.9 that the Dahua comes with. The camera looks similar and has similar specs until you dig deeper.

Anyways, it was then while digging deeper that I realized the Dahua camera I ordered, which is a recent 8 mp camera isn't powered by POE. Is this actually true or has POE become so ubiquitous that it isn't even mentioned anymore? I don't think I've bought a single camera in 13 years that wasn't powered by POE. Even the old Panasonic BB-HCM cameras from the mid 2000s are all powered by POE.
FWIW - model in question:
HAC-HFW2802T-A-I8

1634678564310.png

again..

1634678608941.png

note:
HAC-HFW2802T-A-I8

key to watch for is the model number .. HAC = coax analog ...

1634678854804.png

vs.

1634678879929.png

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A good lesson for those of us who kind of automatically assume every camera is network video and POE.
yup...
I look on a local auction site and my eye gets drawn to a Dahua camera going cheap. I'm always left with disappointment when I look at the model being HDCVI.

HDCVI uses a BNC connector, not even Ethernet.

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OOOH, the Cam is analog with BNC, so use a 12v 2a adapter to power it.
We have some refurbished stocks for fantastic models, use them is not a bad idea. The only problem is they are in US, so can do local shipping at US or to Canada.
20 years ago, when I had just 4 cameras, they were all black and white, even during the day, and analog with BNC connectors. 4 thickish cables running to a PC with video capture cards. I don't miss those days.

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
20 years ago, when I had just 4 cameras, they were all black and white, even during the day, and analog with BNC connectors. 4 thickish cables running to a PC with video capture cards. I don't miss those days.
B&W was not your only problem. The resolution of your screen.... and it was still way better then the resolution of your cams. The size of your screen and.... depth and shape of your screen
You didn't care about those thinks because you were busy looking for a high-tech way to get alerts on your walky talky

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
B&W was not your only problem. The resolution of your screen.... and it was still way better then the resolution of your cams. The size of your screen and.... depth and shape of your screen
You didn't care about those thinks because you were busy looking for a high-tech way to get alerts on your walky talky
Yup, 640x480 from those $1000 black and white Pelco cameras was pretty awesome :winktongue: