Recent TinyCam Pro update + Huisun PTZ + Hikvision NVR = temp loss of connection

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Alright, this will have a a lot of variables at play, if you are using TinyCam & have Huisun PTZ cam connected to Hikvision NVR can you please try this out?

Last week I was using Tiny Cam Pro on my phone and Huisun PTZ (stream pulled via Hikvision NVR) and noticed that when after a few seconds of playing with PTZ the camera went off line with error "Command failed (401 Unauthorized)". Not only that all the Hikvision NVR streams in Tiny Cam Pro became inaccessible but in under an hour all of them came back. Today I spend a bit more time looking into this. I tried using PTZ in Tiny Cam Pro from Android phone using latest update and from Android TV which hasn't been updated for a few months and the issue only came up using Android Phone. I've updated Tiny Cam Pro on Android TV as well and same problem occurred. I reconfigured couple cam streams by connecting directly and they worked fine, so it's only temporary inaccessible with Hikvision NVR stream (was recently updated to 3.82), IVMS4500 mobile app works fine.

It appears Tiny Cam Pro needs a fix for this @alexvas

Last edited by a moderator:

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Is tinyCam connected directly to Huisun camera or to Hikvision NVR?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What settings are you useing to pull the Huisun from the NVR. I can't get a stream from the NVR into tiny cam so I have it on seperate network and would like to see all the NVR cameras on the android tv useing Tinycam Pro.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Huisun is connected directly to NVR but it affects other cams too which are not plugged in to NVR. I am traveling so I can't really troubleshoot this any further

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
I didn't get. Is tinyCam connected to Hik NVR or Huisun camera?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
All cams I have connected to NVR either directly or via switch and with tiny cam I am pulling stream for all of them using Hikvision NVR and channel setting

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Then that means Hikvision NVR periodically blocking tinyCam. All Hikvisions have account protection if password is entered several times incorrectly. If this happens account would be blocked and Hikvision sends 40x error.
For the fix: disable account protection (do not remember how it was called exactly by Hikvision) on NVR.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
That was my guess too but it only blocks it when PTZ commands are being sent. I have not made any configuration changes only recent updates that caused this and considering that tiny cam worked fine with older build hence I suspect it's the root cause. Also all my cams are using default admin password when accessed via NVR. I will try changing it to something else to see if that helps but can you take a look what might possibly changed in recent tiny cam build.

There is no setting that I can find in NVR that disables account protection

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
tinyCam 7.0 uses new HTTP engine. There might be the issue.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Alright so that's probably it. Would you be able to fix this or is there a way I can go to older build. I don't really want to switch using ivms4500 when I need to use ptz

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
What settings are you useing to pull the Huisun from the NVR. I can't get a stream from the NVR into tiny cam so I have it on seperate network and would like to see all the NVR cameras on the android tv useing Tinycam Pro.
You simply use Hikvision NVR setting (the last two choices) in Tiny cam selection and then channel is whatever stream you want to get out of it.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
tinyCam 7.0 uses new HTTP engine. There might be the issue.
Btw, same issue with Longse VF cam which used to work with zoom in/out function. Tried messing with passwords/user accounts etc, nothing helps looks like will have to wait for a fix.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
If you kill the app and then run it again, do you have the same issue?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
If you kill the app and then run it again, do you have the same issue?
Actually killing the app and relaunching it works. I can ptz for about 10 seconds before it locks it again

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
What exact camera model has been selected in tinyCam app in Camera Settings?

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Can you provide me a temporary access to any of your NVR for troubleshooting? guest account is ok.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
@alexvas thank you for quick turn around to provide a fix for this in beta version!

To get beta version:
1. Navigate to https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.alexvas.dvr.pro and press BECOME A TESTER button.
2. DOWNLOAD new beta tinyCam Monitor PRO from the Play Store.

Version 7.0 should be more responsive when you control your NVR ptz than the previous 6.7.9.

Last edited by a moderator: