recently bought R0 Series -not possible to flash to 4 ROI-

azetat

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, in 2017, I have set up a bunch of six R0 cameras (original english cams) flashed with 5.2.5 (with 4-lines hack) firmware.
Everything works flawless and as expected and I do have 4 ROI on each.

Now, I bought a additional R0 cam (DS-2CD2T32-i5, shipped with 5.3.0_151016 fw) as a spare device. Using the same (as used 2017) flash procedure and 5.2.5 (4-lines hack) firmware, I can get it to version 5.2.5, but only one ROI is available for both, line crossing and intrusion detection afterwards.

Question:
-has someone experienced similar issues with R0 hardware, bought recently? Can there be a change in hardware design, that stops us from using 4-lines hack?
-can someone eventually point me to a more current firmware than 5.2.5 4-lines hack (for original english device) which probably enables me to get 4 line crossing and 4 intrusion detection regions?

Thanks!

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
-can someone eventually point me to a more current firmware than 5.2.5 4-lines hack (for original english device) which probably enables me to get 4 line crossing and 4 intrusion detection regions?
Hikvision backtracked on that capability because the CPU/SoC struggled to handle it, the camera didn't perform well with that setup.

R0 hardware, bought recently
Presumably that would be 'pre-owned, used' ?
R0 series has been end-of-life for quite some time.

azetat

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision backtracked on that capability because the CPU/SoC struggled to handle it, the camera didn't perform well with that setup.

Presumably that would be 'pre-owned, used' ?
R0 series has been end-of-life for quite some time.
No, it is NIB, I was lucky to grab it as a spare.... It came from an official reseller, so no previous fw modification is to be expect.

azetat

n3wb
Reaction score
Question is, if I'm doing something wrong in flashing to end up with 1 ROI only... (e.g. using the wrong 5.2.5 fw) or was there some design change that generally prevent me from getting 4 ROI...

For that reason, it would be nice, if someone could point me to the last known 4 ROI fw for english devices here in the forum to give it a try at least.

Thanks a lot!

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Question is, if I'm doing something wrong in flashing to end up with 1 ROI only... (e.g. using the wrong 5.2.5 fw) or was there some design change that generally prevent me from getting 4 ROI...
Just TFTP restore from fimrware you ipc and all is ok

For that reason, it would be nice, if someone could point me to the last known 4 ROI fw for english devices here in the forum to give it a try at least.
Thanks a lot!
if you want to understand how it works, then disassemble the original and the patch and compare.
Find a similar code in logic and make a patch.

It possible, but need a time (not ready)
4ROI at IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.4.5_170401.zip

Last edited: