Recomendation needed for camera hardware under $200 !!!!

PTZ or 180 degree FOV

• Pan, tilt , digital Zoom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 180 degree FOV with De-Warping

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vatsa13

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently working on my centrally connected Smart-Home project. The is based on automating the full house with cloud machine learning algorithms & voice controlled AI.

For the project I need IP cameras installed in all rooms & outside the house. Their task would be to be to send the footage to my NVR , run vision API to understand gestures & actively track people and recognize their face, count people and give their location in house.

It's my humble request to every Enthusiast viewing this to please give me recommendation.
(I do have experience in making custom hardware with open source softwares.:redface-new:)

As per my knowledge I am thinking about 2 solutions,

1. Hi3516a with IMX178 (5mp,H.265), 3.5mm 1/8" lens. This would also have a motor that could pan & tilt lens, digital zoom will be used:sad: ( as it needs to be compact & be used mainly indoors). The main things is it would also with Panasonic's Grid-Eye 64 PIR sensor for accurate human detection & panning to that direction. ( Grid-eye only has 60 degree FOV, and can provide VGA data only at 10fps.)

2. Hi3516a with Ov4689 (4mp,H.265), 180 degree FOV lens with de-warping algorithm. So everything will be covered & no need for motion sensor, Motors etc.

So, according to you ,which solution would be best for this application or any other option you can suggest?
Also, which IR LED would you suggest that I could install in the housing?
What battery can I use so that it can be installed without new wiring on wall for operation for a week??

vatsa13

n3wb
Reaction score
Also will be using powerline for connectivity. Is wLan/powerline a good option or should I go for hardwiring?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Hardwired is always best.

I'm skeptical either camera is well suited to you application. I think you've got bigger problems with the scope and goals of your project.

Attachments